Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$172
$112
Wonders Boutique Hotel(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$115
$78
Juanedu Suites(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Pool
Camacuri Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$101
A1 Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$59
Hidden Eden Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$80
TripAdvisor
$245
2,284 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsea breezefull kitchenswim up barrci exchangemulligans restaurantwasher and dryerstudio unitgrocery storetime sharedutch villagepull out couchwindows on arubashort walk across the streetthird floorshuttle servicehigh rise area
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Aruba in May 2013. We exchanged our timeshare through RCI and stayed at the Divi Village. Check-in was long and the receptionists were very slow. We waited in a long line only to be told we arrived little early and our room wouldn't be ready for over an hour. The rooms were very nice and updated. We were in the building behind the Seabreeze restaurant on the second floorin #3503. We had a 1 bedroom suite with was very spacious and clean. We had a nice view of the pool and the ocean. It had a full kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms, living/dining room, and a separate bedroom. The kitchen had everything we needed. We chose to decline the extra maid service which had a fee. We felt we didn’t need our bed made and the dishes done every day. We could do those chores ourselves. The maid did come by and replace towels when we requested and empty trash. One day during the week, she did a full cleaning which included cleaning the floors and doing dishes. We did not attend the Orientation at the beginning of the week. We did not want to waste a day sitting at a meeting. The hotel does give a nice welcome packet. I would advise that all guests read that as it has a schedule of the activities at all of the Divi Resorts and other good information.

We declined the all-inclusive package. There are several grocery stores near-by, plus Aruba has plenty of great restaurants. We purchased the local brew, Balashi, and a cooler for bringing drinks to the beach and pool. We did eat at Seabreeze, Mulligan’s, and Windows. All had pretty good food. The steaks at Windows were delicious as well as the desserts! The prices were pretty fair. The wait staff was excellent and always polite. The resort does not have room service but Mulligan’s does offer delivery for a fee. The concierge was very helpful. She recommended plenty of restaurants on the island. They also have many of the island’s restaurants’ menus to preview. There is a car rental desk at the hotel. I thought their prices were a bit high. If you want to rent a car, book it before your trip and shop around for good prices.

One nice thing about the Divi resorts is that if you stay at one, you have access to the others. The Tamarijin and Divi All Inclusive resorts are across the street. It’s walkable or you can take the free shuttle. The Divi Village is pretty dead at night so if you like activities or shows, you will need to travel to the other Divi resorts. We did go to a few dance shows there and it was entertaining. If you are not on the all-inclusive plan, you will need to buy drink tickets at the front desk of the AI resorts as the bars and restaurants there do not accept cash. They were $4.50 a piece for beer or frozen drinks.

The beach was beautiful. It was across the street from the resort. The water is refreshing and calm. There were plenty of fish swimming around too. We had no trouble getting a palapa and chairs at the beach. The only thing I didn’t like was that palapas are very close to the road and far from the water. While sitting there, you can hear the cars, trucks, horns, and sirens. It took away from the natural beach ambiance. We had no trouble getting chairs by the pool either. We did spend a day at the infinity pool which has views of the golf course.

My husband participated in some golf activities including lessons and tournaments. He really enjoyed it and it was a great opportunity to meet fellow vacationers. The lessons were very helpful and reasonably priced.

I would say it was a very nice vacation. We would likely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PhillyGurl1218
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from Divi Village on June 29th! We stayed from June 23-29th. I was extremely impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the resort. Our room did not have a great view, but we were close to one of the pools which was quiet and easily accessible. It was more than I expected! There were only a few cautions about the resort. The light in the bathroom did not come on easily. We had to hold it down for about 5 seconds and the remote control batteries were dead. The staff gave us new batteries but the light was never fixed. Also, the toilets flush very slowly. But nothing is perfect and it was a great experience. Also, Seabreeze restaurant was great. Prime Rib night was awesome and the breakfast staff are super nice! I will return next year! It's in a great location with a great beach that's very quiet! LOVE IT!

Room Tip: Building 8 was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracie D
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We used an RCI exchange to stay at the Divi Village June 16-23. Our 1 bedroom (Bldg 8, #5504) was very spacious for a family of three. Huge and comfortable bed. Large bathroom. The kitchen was well stocked with everything except dish soap (that appeared on Wednesday). A pull-out bed is always a gamble but for a 10 yr. old, it was fine. However, as an adult, it felt like a tiger trap ready to snap shut. Towels were freshened mid-week (we chose to reuse to conserve water/energy) and linens changed also. All three pools were lovely. None over 6 ft. deep, so great for kids. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the gentlemen clean the pool each morning while I ate breakfast. The staff were friendly, always ready with a smile. The staff were always around maintaining landscaping, emptying trash, caring for general upkeep and helping visitors. I wish the pool bar at the infinity pool had stayed open later (closed at 6:00) but it certainly was not an inconvenience. The drinks were tasty, if not particularly potent. The bar staff were efficient but sometimes understaffed and frazzled. We ate at Mulligan's on Sunday after arrival and it was surprisingly good (Lasagna and a chicken with pasta dish). A quick lunch at the Seabreeze Restaurant was handy before heading out for an adventure (fish tacos - very good, blackened Mahi sandwich - very good, turkey club - huge, delicious according to my son). The golf course was beautiful and reasonably priced from what I understand. Enjoyed watching families play tennis from our balcony. Check-in was easy. Check-out was a breeze. We loved being in the low rise section of the island. So quiet with easy access to the beach, right across the street. There was absolutely no hassle to purchase a timeshare. We loved the Divi Village and felt safe during out entire stay. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: A one bedroom is plenty for a family with 2 children willing to share a bed. The gas grills on property were very handy for an inexpensive meal. The buildings are not numbered on the outside and the numbering scheme doesn't make much sense.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stephanie J
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed with friends from the US who had rented an amazing penthouse apartment in the Divi Resort.
We had a private roof terrace, large kitchen, 2 huge bedrooms and an separate apartment upstairs.
Pools were lovely (abit busy) but location was fantastic to explore the whole island.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katehale69
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I own a timeshare at this resort. First of all, the condition of my unit was such that I was upgraded to a similar unit in the Golf Villas. Unit # 4220 at the rear of the property. I could live with being placed all the way at the back of the property, but not the condition of the "new" units. This is one of the units with the upstairs hot tub and grill. So, the hot tub was not operational. We called maintenance and he attempted to fix it, but the guy couldn't speak English so didn't fully understand what we were saying. We told him to forget it until the next day. The next day we called again because the grill didn't have propane when we went to use it. The "private roof top" also didn't have any type of latch to keep it private. It had been broken off. They brought the propane, fixed the hot tub, fixed the latch. The washer dryers in the unit are terrible. It takes 6 hours to do one load and you are stuck with one load at a time because its one unit for both washing and drying. I needed to do wash because I've been on the island for 10 days already. The rooms are very big and updated, but I am only using the one br side instead of the whole unit. The problem is that I can totally hear and smell the people's food in the locked off portion. I don't eat pork so the smell of bacon coming through the walls is particularly bothersome.

All in all, the resort is not bad, but if you pay maintenance and timeshare fees in excess of $25000, you expect it to be much more maintained.

I also own at the Phoenix and stayed there. Totally awesome. Stay there.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple