returned 3/16/13 - I enjoyed Aruba very much - the beaches are beautiful. However, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort I would not return to. After paying for a deluxe suite, the first room we were given had a musty smell and was not clean, dust and dirt on the floors and the bathroom was not clean. After complaining and being told they had no other rooms, the next day we were finally moved to a very nice room in the elevator building. I paid $100. for wifi which I needed for work and was only able to connect in the lobby which I found unacceptable since they advertised wifi through out the complex. I sent 2 reports to the IT department and never received a response. The service was basically nil except for 2 people at the front desk one being Lorraine and the other a very nice man ( I don't remember his name). However that was only on one shift. Many a day no one was at the front desk or 1 person with a line of 4-6 visitors. The service at Mulligans was awful. After sitting and waiting 20 minutes for someone to comeover to our table, we left. The pools did not have enough talapas for coverage in the sun and there were no services at the the pool The beach is on the other side of the and also not enough talapas and no services. If one wanted a drink you had to cross the street and go to the bar and bring back the drinks. This went for the pools and th beach.
On a plus side, the restaurants we ate at were fantastic - Windows on Aruba, Barefoot, Flying Fishbone and Screaming Eagle were all excllent including ambience and food. However these were not part of Divi (only Windows on Aruba was located on their property). I highly recommend all of them.
I would return to Aruba but never to Divi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad