Very pleasant and relaxing..
Stayed from Feb 27 through Mar 4th.
I originally booked to stay the Divi Dutch for 5 nights, but upon checking in, I was upgraded to the Village Golf and Beach Resort - due to overbooking at the Dutch Village. No problems there - I was happy, and it was in a good location too (room 5101). I had two patios and a small pool 20 ft away (though it could use some upkeep from the tree debris). It is a windy island, so don't wear a wig or toupe. LOL. Anyways, below is my review of the property based on my experience.
Upon arrival, I got my rental car at the airport, and headed to the resort.
This particular Divi Village property is the only resort not on the ocean side of the main road - primarily targeted for golfers and residents. Note: Dutch Village, Tamarijn, Divi Aruba back to the ocean/beaches.
Upon getting to the main reception building for check in, which btw was open air area, I was pleased with how clean and nicely everything was layed out. Plenty of staff was around to help me, even at 6pm. Within 10 min, I was on my way to my room (a shuttle will take you). Oh you will receive several things...
1) A welcome packet with plenty of flyers,
2) Two card keys for your room,
3) Guest card (to charge to room) - its made of paper. You must present this to charge anything to your room! Even the pool bar. I personally think this should be integrated with the plastic room cardkeys. Paper is not water friendly.
4) Towel card - you need to give this to the beach/pool towel attendent at one of the two biggest pools (Sea Breeze Pool or the Infinity pool), then you can exchange used towels as many times as you want at either pool. But before you check out (as in leave the resort), be sure to get your card back at the same pool you orginally picked up your towel from. Else you will be charged when you check out. Don't worry, you don't need to get your card back every day. But note the towel exchange stands are not open all the time (I think 9-6), so plan accordingly on your last day to get your card.
I read other comments on slow or non existent golf cart style shuttles to take you around. I disagree, they are everywhere! They frequent many Shuttle stops around all the near proximity properties, or you can just waive one down. Simple. Again they were all over the place.
Parking: (for your car) -
If you rented one, parking is plentiful. No worries.
When I got to my room, I was surprised how big and clean it was. I think it was a condo of some sorts. Everything you need was in there. No need to buy anything, other than food you want to eat or cook.
- Kitchen was full kitchen and stocked with everything you need. Full fridge, microwave, diswasher, sink, knives/utencils, Dishware, cookware, coffee maker, toaster.
- The floors were tile (+)
- Bed did not have the ugly hotel 70's bed cover (+)
- Bed is very comfortable (+)
- Sheets, towels and trash replaced daily (+)
- Bathroom had many towels (+)
- Hair dryer, iron board/Iron, extra pillows, plenty of hangers (+)
- Water pressure excellent (+)
- Bathtub has jets (+)
- Shower/tub had some sold and mildew on the tile groutings (N) - housekeeping should spray some lysol mold and milder remover.
- Washer and Dryer was excellent - you need to buy detergent from store. I think the resort shopette (in reception building) sells some. (+)
- In room Safe (+)
- Sliding doors/security - I agree with a previous poster. The locking mechanism does not work (both mine) and seems to be a broad issue. But each sliding door has a wood stick to insert into track so the door won't slide. Simple but effective. Just don't forget to put it in. (N)
- Curtains on sliding doors have sheer and blackout. (+)
- Cable TV (~30 channels), 27" flatscreen TV and DVD player (+)
The resort has two main restaurants, Windows of Aruba (smart casual/dress, rsvp req.) and Mulligans (no dress code, and no rsvp). I went to Mulligans 4 times in super casual/beach attire, and the food/drinks were amazing. Open from 6:30-1a. As this is walkin, it can get crowded at prime dinner time. Fun Karaoke Thursday nights. Simply great views of the greens - facing west, great food, and atmosphere.
As mentioned there are two main pools. The one up front (Seabreeze Pool) is nice and has a bar/dining are adjacent to it. Demographics are usually older folks. The other is the Infinity pool (on the Villa's island), which is the largest and has a swim up bar. Here you will see a mix age group. One end is for kids (slides, etc). This pool is awesome (don't forget your guest card if you want to charge drinks to your room) - bartenders will hold it for you. Or use cash/credit card. There are couple other smaller pools around, but they are so so (just like the one by my room).
The Divi Beach (Druif Beach), is across the street. Its big, plenty of lounge chairs, and has an activity shack. Whatever you want to do, you can do it there. I spend 3 hours my last day, and got cooked even with SPF 30. LOL. Sunsets are amazing! but is does get windy, however the sandy beach, warm waters make up for that occassional sand blasting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad