Rented a 1 bedroom suite in ground level for family vaca. Sliders opened up to a great pool... walk in shallow end, fountains, slide, swim up bar, and infinity view of golf course.
Room was very good. Some wear, but in good shape and clean. There was a slight musty smell on arrival, but that went away with some fresh air (and turning down the AC - we adjusted it from 72F to 76F).
Beach is great. Not crowded, even in the peak week, with permanent tiki umberlla stations to use as home base. Shuttles loop constantly, so it's a 4 or 5 min walk or a 1 minute shuttle ride to the beach at the furthest point in the resort. I saw a comment about shuttles not stopping. We just put our hand out with a smile and we were always picked up. Staff was very friendly.
We did not have all-inclusive. Buy as you go seemed a better deal for us.
Kitchen had stove top and a microwave/convection. And full size fridge and dishwasher.
Shuttle dropped us at the property edge for a 2 minute walk to a full grocery store. Pretty good selection (IGA Ling). So we had breakfast, lunch, and apps in the unit, and dinner out. Perfect for the pool, work-out, beach, pool, happy hour at the pool, dinner out routine.
Work-out facilities were inspiring... On the beach, treadmills facing the beach and ocean. Friendly staff / trainers.
Golf course looked very nice - decided not to play with the other enticements. Well groomed though, and carts were in good shape and rental clubs (titlest and ping) new. (I looked around a bit).
Casino was small and friendly. $3 and $5 tables.
The best part of this resort is location. The ocean and beach are first rate. Aruba has clean water and good infrastructure. I felt it was very safe, even travelling as a family. Both inside the resort and out. I think we could stay a month. Family friendly.
Service was very friendly, but not always very efficient. Front desk lines, concierge lines, mis-information about what was going on, what was open, maid service, etc. I chalked it up to Island Charm. I tipped often and well. Bar service was good.
Dinner at Tartuga's, outside under the patio roof, with waves crashing nearby, was nice. Night-life and dinner on the strip (high rise area) was also fun and family friendly. Jolly Pirates sailing cruise was fun for all ages... snorkeling, including a shipwreck, swimming, open bar start to finish, rope swing off the ship, BBQ lunch. Book it at the concierge.
We used RCI points, but do not own at Divi. The Divi time-share deal looks to be pretty good though. We will be back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad