We chose Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort as part of an RCI exchange. I am so happy we were at the Golf and Beach Resort because it was fairly new. Our condo was in the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort Residences on the second floor, end unit overlooking the pool and the last golf hole with the ocean within view. I'm sorry I don't remember the unit number but the model was a 1 Bedroom A floor plan. It was well furnished and in pretty good shape, very clean with great housekeeping. I loved sitting on the balcony which was a corner balcony with a view to the west. We could watch the sunset over the ocean. Beautiful!
I would much rather stay where we did than at Dutch Village or Phoenix. Dutch Village is older but on the beach. I didn't mind walking across the road to be on the beach because I'd rather have a new, beautiful place to stay. The Phoenix is further toward the high-rise section of the island and the beach is narrow and crowded where as the beach for Dutch Village and Golf Resort is wide, uncrowded, white sand and clear BEAUTIFUL water.
We really enjoyed the eating at Mulligans for breakfast and lunch occasionally. Food was great and so was the service. We did NOT take the all inclusive meal plan because we have found that it actually costs us more plus meal plans are too inflexible for us. We did eat dinner at Windows on Aruba and it was very good but very pricey. We also at a few meals at Sea Breeze Cafe and it was also good and a bit cheaper.
All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Something I found, though, on Aruba was how different the people are compared to Mexico and other Caribbean islands. They are not pushy at all. We never had anyone on the beach trying to sell us anything. This was so refreshing and even kind of odd feeling in a good way. Since this is a time share resort and we were there on RCI an exchange it was amazing how we were invited to attend their welcome party but that was it. Nobody every bothered us about buying more, etc.
One day we did walk from the Divi Golf and Beach to nearest grocery store. Since it wasn't too far a walk we decided to go on and walk to the downtown of Oranjestad. That was a long walk! We enjoyed it though even if my feet were killing me. We walked back as far as the grocery store and then took a cab back to the resort. Since we had a great kitchen we bought turkey, cheese, bread, Balashi (a great local beer), juice, etc. This did help us save some money. We then would take a fabric cooler to the pool, the beach, or in the car we rented for the day.
We rented a small car for one day which was long enough to drive to Baby Beach, the other side of the island and to the high rise end and the light house.
Suggestions: Baby Beach was just ok. I was actually a bit disappointed in the snorkeling and the sand. I would have preferred to have spent snorkel time at one of the beaches past the high rise area. It looked gorgeous.
Take a insulated fabric cooler with you, go to the grocery store to get snacks, food and drinks. It's very expensive at the restaurants. It was fun to drive to the different beaches and have a picnic.
I usually choose a day or two to do all my shopping for gifts, etc. The day I chose was Jewish holiday and most of the shops in the high rise area were closed. I did not expect this. I'm not sure if the shops in Oranjestad were also closed but plan accordingly.
Eat dinner one night on one of the pier restaurants in the high rise section. Beautiful sunsets!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad