“This will be our 3rd year at the Divi Golf and Beach Resort”

Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My sister, husband and I travel together. We love the whole atmosphere at the Divi Golf and Beach Resort. The staff is always friendly and helpful. They take you all over in the shuttles which is very convenient. The rooms we have had are beautiful and clean. there are 2 baths in the ones we have stayed. Huge kitchen and dining area if you eat in. There is a nice balcony to sit after the beach. We shop at one of the local grocery stores to get snacks and beer and wine; you can actually walk to it. We have booked again for Feb. and we can not wait! Can't really tell a dislike. Oh and there is a casino very close--WE just read and rest and have a ball!! The infinity pool is fantastic.

Room Tip: First year we were assigned a room in the newer section. Second year we rented a timeshare--it was...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jopadi3
Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed August 25, 2011

A friend and I decided to take about 10 days vacation and since neither of us had been to Aruba, thought we would try it. The island and the ocean were delightful, the Divi Dutch was OK. I wish I could rate it more highly, since our rooms were fine and convenient to the ocean and pool, and the immediate housekeeping staff was very good. On the management side, there seemed to be a studied indifference or inability to deal with what we saw as problems, particularly in the Internet access, which was very important to us. It was expensive, $50.00 for a week, but even that would be acceptable at a resort IF IT WORKED! I made several trips to the main desk to report that it simply did not exist at our location and was responded to with various reasons, but no real attempt was made to correct the problem. I was able to make a few connections, but it was a major source of disappointment and wasted time. We will probably return, because the resort was otherwise good, but for the relatively costly accommodations and extra cost for non-existent internet access, I consider the Divi Dutch overrated.

Room Tip: The US representaative to make the reservations was very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Navassabob
Reviewed August 25, 2011

On July 30th Thirty- One members of our family headed out to Divi Village in Aruba for a family reunion. This is a place where we have gone before and keep going back because we love the resort and the people. It is like a guaranteed great time for all of us. Divi has something for everyone. The kids had their own babysitter –it was a great big slide that they must have went down a million times, we adults had music by the pool, swim up bar, great restaurants, on site golfing, night time entertainment, Karaoke, and close proximity to all of Aruba’s great fine dining restaurants. I love the employees. They are friendly and always willing to help you if you have a problem. One of the good things about Divi Village is you have use of all of the adjoining properties as well as the magnificent beaches both at Divi and up at the nearby Pheonix resort. There are two adjoining Divi hotels that we can go to for all of their facilities as well as their entertainment. The General Manager, Mr. Griffith is always around trying to make sure everyone is having a good time as well as doing all of his other duties. The bottom line is I would highly recommend Divi Resorts Golf Village for vacation for everyone. Guarenteed good weather and good times.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rizzojo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at the Dutch Village Aug. 7-13th. We had a 1 bedroom condo and it was very comfortable. It allowed us to have room to spread out in. My friends stayed at the Tamarijn and were not happy with the size or the hot bathrooms. Our Condo had 1.5 bathrooms which was a plus. We did the all inclusive package and was thankful we did. It was nice to be able to go to the different restaurants in all 3 properties. We had a lovely pool right outside our terrace and the beach was just steps in back of the property. Even though we had a little ways to walk to the food, it gave us time to walk off all the calories we were putting on. Don't be afraid of the grounds map, everything is close. The weather was perfect and thank God for the trade winds. The Red Parrot was the Best!!

Room Tip: We had a condo close to the street and it was still good.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JDSCfriend
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a HUGE, sprawling resort that many need a golf cart to shuttle around the property. We like to walk, so it was not a problem for us. It is located in the low rise section so you will need the local bus to get around to Orangestad and up to the high rise section where the majority of the restaurants, shops, casinos, activities and nightlife are located. Nevertheless, the resort has a variety of activities to keep you busy - golf, pools (the main pool is mammoth and beautiful with a phenomenal swim-up bar, fantastic slide and shallow area for kids), tennis, beach (across the street - beautiful and quiet with watersports available at an extra charge), lots of kids activities, restaurants, happy hour, etc. They share Druif Beach with the Divi Aruba and Divi Tamarijn All Inclusive Resorts, which you have access (we never visited these other than blindly getting our first "lunch" when we first arrived at a pricey bar and grill at the Divi Aruba Phoenix). Complimentary transportation is provided to the Alahambra Casino and shopping bazaar. The casino was nice and convenient.

We are Hilton Grand Vacation timeshare owners (booked through RCI) and have stayed in many condos in many different locales. This was our first trip to Aruba, and we stayed in a one-bedroom condo on the 2nd floor that overlooked the pool for 1 week. VERY pleased with the accommodations: nicely decorated, clean, 2 bathrooms, large bedroom, and a well-appointed kitchen. We shopped at a local supermarket in order to cook our own breakfasts and pack lunches which saved us a great deal of money (the Mulligans restaurant overlooking the golf course was WAY overpriced for breakfast, we discovered morning #1). Eating out is quite pricey on the island at any rate.

We would recommend the resort and would also return ourselves due to the above stated, but next time, I think I might prefer a quiet condo in the high-rise section in order to be a bit closer to the "action".

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband I had an amazing time in Aruba. We stayed at the Divi Village Golf and Beach resort. We had a studio unit that OVERLOOKED THE OCEAN!
Each night on our patio, we were entertain by live music from the bar area that was to the left of our unit,(along with one of two pools) or from a resort bar across the street. We do not gamble, and the night life was playing some cards on our patio after watching the sunset from the beach, while listening to the entertainment around us.
We had a very clean unit, and the service was great. We had clean towels in the unit everyday, and ones to go to the beach that could be exchanged for clean as many times as needed.
The people were friendly, not only at the resort, but every where we went. We took the buses everywhere, except to and from the airport. It was our mode of transportation for the full 2 weeks we were there. We snorkle, so we took those buses from Arashi Beach to Baby Beach.
With snorkling being meantioned, I must admit, DePalm Island was the best, although it was a private, all inclusive island. It was worth the money. Breakfast, Lunch and all day snacks and drinks-including alcholic drinks were available.
We enjoyed "Matt's Restaurant for their special barbequed ribs, and one night we had their grouper special. Also, very good. We'd walk the beach back to the Divi.
The Butterfly Place was very informative. The DePalm Island Tours with snorkling at the Natural Pool was very adventurous. We hope to return in 2 years.
J and K

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JandK59
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I booked a room through booking.com (a company that has as policy not charging any prepayment or deposit) for next November but I had to cancel it because I had to change dates (I did it a few days ago, in August 2011).

Three days after cancelling the booking, I received a message from my bank saying that Divi had charged me more than US$ 1,000.00 for the reservation I had cancelled!! They said they made a mistake and then refunded me the money, but I still had to pay Brazilian taxes for that purchase I had never made (US$ 73.00 for nothing!!) and should never had been charged from my credit card, as booking.com doesn't allow the hotel to make any prepayment or to charge for cancellations made before the two days or 1 week deadline. It was the worst travelling experience I have ever had and I will NEVER try making a reservation with Divi again.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#3 of 6 in Oranjestad
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!