“Gem of a Restaurant!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

What a gem of a restaurant, friendly service, delicious food and very reasonable price. We have gone several times and its consistently good! Tried many different plates and just love it.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

So I was in Aruba on business and my coworker who is from Peru asks if I like Peruvian ceviche I said heck yeah. Having been to multiple times I know good ceviche! Anyway ordered the calamari! Excellent! Ordered the ceviche mixto excellent. To top it off ordered the chaufa rice excellent! I wish I could have tried the pisco sour(working). Anyways Marco was very nice and attentive! Will definitely be back

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We went at about 13:30 so it was not busy; we simply saw it out of the window while riding by on the bus, and decided to try it. We started with the squid which was fried in a tempura batter, and that was obviously fresh and at least as good as any I've ever had. It also came with some fried yucca which was a new experience for me. The server offered a cute little bowl of some really good hot sauce to go along with that and the main dish, which was fish topped with calamari, mussels and a red sauce. That took us a little by surprise because the menu didn't say it came with mussels, and my wife is a little allergic to them sometimes. So I ate those, and whatever traces were left in the sauce were not enough to make her sick this time. So if you are allergic you should ask when ordering. We also had a couple of Peruvian beers. The price was OK for a touristy location and the food was all fresh and good. The servers were polite and had a humble attitude.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Simple, little place in Oranjestad. Not fancy but clean and nice. Servers are polite and fast. Food is EXCELLENT! The cebiche is a must, tiradito en aji amarillo was something I will never forget. I know its a bit exaggerated but you won't regret it. It's delicious and very affordable.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Took a cab from the high rises to get here. Side street location explained why the concierge, doorman and 2 can drivers had never heard of this place.

Staff friendly. Menu not very descriptive. Ceviche was ok. Had better in Mexico and US.

The special was Arroz con Pato which was highly recommended by the server. On a bed of 4-5 cups of green rice was a overcooked and not meaty bird thigh. Nothing delicate or flavorful. Dry and chewy. Rest of party had grilled mahi mahi...overcooked and dry as well. Weird since we were the only ones there at that hour. Kids chose pasta Napoli with chicken or Alfredo. Most of the food was left on the plates. I regret not trying the stew which looked more interesting but I doubt it had any more flavor.