“This is the ultimate beach restaurant!”

Barefoot Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 240 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aruba is all about the fabulous beaches during the day, and the many great restaurants at night. It is only logical that these two unique things of Aruba are combined into one! Luc & Gerco found the perfect spot to synergize great food, and a beautiful setting to create an experience almost unique on our island. When listening to the ocean caressing the shore, while wiggling your toes through the pearly white sand, why not let yourself be pampered by a gourmet dinner? Chef Gerco & Maitre d' Luc had a shared dream of opening up a restaurant here, but wanted something in line with what they enjoy on Aruba: the nearly perfect climate, the possibility to always be outside, the tropical feel... When opening their restaurant, they had these ideas in their heads, and it worked like a charm! Tables under a large palapa on a wooden deck with a view of the ocean, or outside under the Aruban nights sky, on the pristine beach... An original menu was created by Gerco and team, with some of the old school favorites as well as locally influenced dishes. With the help of the local wine suppliers, Luc made an extensive wine list, with wines from all over the world, and is always ready to pair a wine with your dinner. The experienced service team is friendly yet professional, ready to wow you from the moment you walk in, to make a fabulous evening into a great memory on Aruba!
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Really superb dining on the beach. Despite the wind in Aruba, it was not a problem here. The food was delicious and the sunset was perfect. Then the waiters offered to take pictures of everyone (the pictures were great too, they definitely have practice!) We even brought our children and the place was not so formal that we felt we were disturbing anyone's romance :-) Everything from the drinks to the soup was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,854)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Another lovely dining experience on the beach in Aruba. We had to push our reservation time back twice within an hour of our original plan due to problems with an afternoon activity. We were disappointed when we arrived and the hostess led us to a table in the back of the open air dining room. When we offered to wait for a table on the beach, the manager obliged and, to our delight, had us seated at a prime table under the stars a few yards from the water's edge within 10 minutes! Excellent food and pleasant service! Highly recommend pre-sunset hour reservations in advance with a request for a table on the beach.

1  Thank lhdoyle
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Staff made my little girl feel so special. Atmosphere is amazing. Food was small portions and not amazing. But still good. I will visit again.

1  Thank WhosShemp
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just returned from my 10 day honeymoon in Aruba and Barefoot was hands down the best restaurant for ambiance. The cab ride was a little far and $25 from our hotel, but it was well worth it. The main area with the bar and deck is adorable and romantic. We opted to eat on the beach, taking our shoes off, and listen to the waves crash in front of us. The food was excellent. We got the crab cakes for an appetizer, which we practically licked the plate. I had the mahi mahi and my husband had lobster and scallops. All delicious! Of course, we had dessert, the chocolate brownie with ice cream and coffee. I can't say enough about this place! There are a lot of great restaurants in Aruba, but Barefoot was the one that had both delicious food and a romantic atmosphere. A must do if you are a couple :)

2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The setting and view are fantastic, so the whole experience was enjoyable. We took our 9 and 11 year old daughters, and did not feel out of place. Some of the kids meals were pricy ($20 for a kids steak) and some were very reasonable ($10 for fresh grouper fingers). The service was very good, but my steak came out cold, and when they remade it and sent it out, it was raw on the inside. I would go back, but I would order something else. The atmosphere almost made me forget that I had bread, wine and apple strudel for dinner!

1  Thank k-tool2