“Honeymoon Favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barefoot Restaurant

Barefoot Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 220 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Aruba is all about the fabulous beaches during the day, and the many great restaurants at night. It is only logical that these two unique things of Aruba are combined into one! Luc & Gerco found the perfect spot to synergize great food, and a beautiful setting to create an experience almost unique on our island. When listening to the ocean caressing the shore, while wiggling your toes through the pearly white sand, why not let yourself be pampered by a gourmet dinner? Chef Gerco & Maitre d' Luc had a shared dream of opening up a restaurant here, but wanted something in line with what they enjoy on Aruba: the nearly perfect climate, the possibility to always be outside, the tropical feel... When opening their restaurant, they had these ideas in their heads, and it worked like a charm! Tables under a large palapa on a wooden deck with a view of the ocean, or outside under the Aruban nights sky, on the pristine beach... An original menu was created by Gerco and Justin, with some of the old school favorites (sirloin with bearnaise, or tuna steak with teriyaki) as well as some original dishes not found anywhere, with unique combinations (smoked salmon & shrimp, grouper & mango or leg & rack of lamb) and wonderful vegetarian dishes. With the help of the local wine suppliers, Luc made an extensive wine list, with wines from all over the world, and is always ready to pair a wine with your dinner. The experienced service team is friendly yet professional, ready to wow you from the moment you walk in, to make a fabulous evening into a great memory on Aruba!
Carlstadt, New Jersey
“Honeymoon Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just returned from my 10 day honeymoon in Aruba and Barefoot was hands down the best restaurant for ambiance. The cab ride was a little far and $25 from our hotel, but it was well worth it. The main area with the bar and deck is adorable and romantic. We opted to eat on the beach, taking our shoes off, and listen to the waves crash in front of us. The food was excellent. We got the crab cakes for an appetizer, which we practically licked the plate. I had the mahi mahi and my husband had lobster and scallops. All delicious! Of course, we had dessert, the chocolate brownie with ice cream and coffee. I can't say enough about this place! There are a lot of great restaurants in Aruba, but Barefoot was the one that had both delicious food and a romantic atmosphere. A must do if you are a couple :)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Laura P

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The setting and view are fantastic, so the whole experience was enjoyable. We took our 9 and 11 year old daughters, and did not feel out of place. Some of the kids meals were pricy ($20 for a kids steak) and some were very reasonable ($10 for fresh grouper fingers). The service was very good, but my steak came out cold, and when they remade it and sent it out, it was raw on the inside. I would go back, but I would order something else. The atmosphere almost made me forget that I had bread, wine and apple strudel for dinner!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank k-tool2
Edison, NJ
“Romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I had a lovely romantic dinner at the Barefoot Restaurant. The food was excellent. The crab cakes were excellent, as were our entrees. My husband had the apple strudel with ice cream and I had the banana tiramisu, which were excellent. The waitstaff were very helpful. They took our picture for us and even called a taxi for us. What a wonderful experience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Liz F
NEW YORK
“Sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

. How can you miss with great food,sunset and an outstanding waitress, Liz.. Was there last week walked from our hotel the Renaissance. You can sit on the beach or just inside the restaurant. As I said the food is a bonus. Make reservations to catch a sunset like you've never seen. Our 2nd time there. was there 2 years ago A"must"

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank magzsr
Upper Marlboro
“Great anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

After reading extensive reviews on restaurants, we decided to try Barefoot for our anniversary dinner. The drive there was quite interesting. We were coming from Palm Beach, and once we passed the downtown area, it got darker and a little sketchy. My husband and I just kept looking at each other like "are we getting kidnapped?" LOL Thankfully, we were not. I guess with it being dark out, it looked a little suspect as we were turning onto the dirt road and circling around the building. When we pulled up to the restaurant, it was definitely not what I expected. But when we walked in…wow. Everything was very nice, and the setting was romantic. Just what we wanted. We opted for a seat on the beach, and got a front row seat at the water. Unfortunately, it was pretty dark out so we really didn't get to enjoy the scenery as much as we would've if we went an hour or so earlier. Hubby had a caesar salad, which he enjoyed, and I had the blackened maui maui which was very good. Drinks were typical…tasty but not too strong. They even brought us glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. For dessert, we had bananamisu, on which they added a sparkler for our celebration. The service was just okay, but overall, we had a great experience and would go back.

• Visited June 2014