“WONDERFUL DINNER”

Barefoot Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 228 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aruba is all about the fabulous beaches during the day, and the many great restaurants at night. It is only logical that these two unique things of Aruba are combined into one! Luc & Gerco found the perfect spot to synergize great food, and a beautiful setting to create an experience almost unique on our island. When listening to the ocean caressing the shore, while wiggling your toes through the pearly white sand, why not let yourself be pampered by a gourmet dinner? Chef Gerco & Maitre d' Luc had a shared dream of opening up a restaurant here, but wanted something in line with what they enjoy on Aruba: the nearly perfect climate, the possibility to always be outside, the tropical feel... When opening their restaurant, they had these ideas in their heads, and it worked like a charm! Tables under a large palapa on a wooden deck with a view of the ocean, or outside under the Aruban nights sky, on the pristine beach... An original menu was created by Gerco and team, with some of the old school favorites as well as locally influenced dishes. With the help of the local wine suppliers, Luc made an extensive wine list, with wines from all over the world, and is always ready to pair a wine with your dinner. The experienced service team is friendly yet professional, ready to wow you from the moment you walk in, to make a fabulous evening into a great memory on Aruba!
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Was told about the restaurant by friends this year , we have been coming to Aruba for over 12 years and by far one of the best places to have a wonderful meal. This year we had two anniversaries, my wife and I of 45 years and my best friend for 49 years.
It was a very enjoyable dinner with the most beautiful sunset . The service was outstanding always making sure we were taken care of.
Will look forward to next May for another enjoyable dinner and sunset.
Tom & Anne Ardita

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The best meal we had in Aruba by far. Great location, excellent food and excellent service. Would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband surprised me with at 6:30 dinner reservation here at barefoot. We had a gorgeous table inside close to the beach with a spectacular view. The service and food was great. They serve you french bread with the black olives while you wait for your food. It was delicious. I love the fact that they assist with taking pictures if you want to capture a beautiful background. This was my favorite restaurant to dine for dinner.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

After having been there 2 years ago, my husband and I looked forward to dinner at Barefoot on our return to Aruba. On this visit, we went to Barefoot twice.

First of all, the food is splendid!

Our first night at Barefoot on June 1st was excellent, which is why we came back on June 6th for a second dinner. The second night was, however, a major disappointment!

The second night we sat on the deck at a table for two overlooking the beach. Directly under us was a European family of 3 adults and 2 children. I could handle their unruly children who were constantly running around their table, but what ruined the evening for me was their smoking. They didn't just smoke at the end of their meal, all three adults smoked after every course and even during their last course.

Consequently, every bite I took, was filled with smoke. The splendid food became less so, actually, it was quite disgusting.

I know it's an outdoor restaurant, but when you can smell smoke and have smoke in your face even outside you are not only ruining the air (and meal) for someone else to breathe, but that person is also suffering the effects of second hand smoke and endangering their health. The wind does not disperse the toxic effects of smoke.

Please Barefoot management, change your policy to non smoking. The smoking totally ruined my meal. It was disgusting and most importantly, it comprised my health.

Regarding the service, our first night at Barefoot the service was exceptional.

Our second night, on June 6th, not so much. Our server was pleasant, but she did not speak English very well and therefore, did not get our order right. Two times she did not get the same thing right. It's not that I expect everyone to speak English, but the menu is in English and I would have expected the server to have a better grasp of English simply in order to function effectively.

3  Thank SamLakesRegion
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Excellent service and friendly staff. Gourmet quality dishes, every course was great. Get there by 6pm to get a great view of the sunset and some great background photos. The staff was very helpful in taking photos.