“A little noisy, but the overall experience was delicious!”

Barefoot Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Aruba is all about the fabulous beaches during the day, and the many great restaurants at night. It is only logical that these two unique things of Aruba are combined into one! Luc & Gerco found the perfect spot to synergize great food, and a beautiful setting to create an experience almost unique on our island. When listening to the ocean caressing the shore, while wiggling your toes through the pearly white sand, why not let yourself be pampered by a gourmet dinner? Chef Gerco & Maitre d' Luc had a shared dream of opening up a restaurant here, but wanted something in line with what they enjoy on Aruba: the nearly perfect climate, the possibility to always be outside, the tropical feel... When opening their restaurant, they had these ideas in their heads, and it worked like a charm! Tables under a large palapa on a wooden deck with a view of the ocean, or outside under the Aruban nights sky, on the pristine beach... An original menu was created by Gerco and team, with some of the old school favorites as well as locally influenced dishes. With the help of the local wine suppliers, Luc made an extensive wine list, with wines from all over the world, and is always ready to pair a wine with your dinner. The experienced service team is friendly yet professional, ready to wow you from the moment you walk in, to make a fabulous evening into a great memory on Aruba!
Sayreville, New Jersey
“A little noisy, but the overall experience was delicious!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We heard about Barefoot from guests we met at Renaissance Ocean Suites so we decided to give it a try -- it's walking distance from the Renaissance although we opted for a cab on the way back because the streets aren't well lit after dark. We had a nice table for two close to the water and were able to kick off our shoes and dig our feet in the sand. We have been to Passions and Simply Fish which are a little more romantic and formal but we found Barefoot to have a menu with more to choose from as well as very reasonable prices. I was a little disappointed that they don't serve frozen drinks because I was looking forward to my pina colada, but the meal from appetizer to dessert made up for it and the service was very good. I especially enjoyed the escargot stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer.

One of the drawbacks is that Barefoot is situated next to Nikky Beach Bar which was very noisy and the music loud. There were several dogs barking all through the meal. But this by no means spoiled the evening. We tuned it out and enjoyed the food, the breeze and the beautiful sunset.

• Visited July 2013

New York
“Perhaps I'm getting used to it? Food is OK”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Love the place as it's right on the water and I've been eating there since it opened.

The past three trips the food has been OK but NOT great. The location makes up for it but I know they can do better. I go to Aruba twice a year for about 4-7 weeks. Keeping a good chef is hard and I know good chefs want their own places. For me, going to Zeerover (Fish Market) and picking up fresh fish every single day would be a great idea. Even if it's just a few turns. But OFFERING a fresh catch every day should be a must. Frozen fish makes no sense to me in Aruba. I'd rather have no fish at all. The service is good as always. Bring a small light or cell phone to read your menu at night as you're right on the beach.... It's REALLY beautiful and one of the better places in Aruba to make you feel like you're on vacation. Late at tnight the private planes come in and at times a cruise ship goes by..... What a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“My kids loved the seafood”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lucky kids are easliy satisfied as long as they have seafood my Wife and I can relax at dinner time, this for any parent is a dream come true.
Barefoot is an awesome place for food, service, cleanliness is up there and we went back thrice on our stay.
Only complaint is portion size as it can be irregular.
Great for families, kids, everyone.
My eldest had her birthday on the third night and they arranged candles, a gift and sang her happy b/day.

• Visited May 2013
Gulf Coast
“Best meal on Aruba”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Lots of amazing choices, wonderful flavors and creations. Great wait staff, helpful, informed. Best meal we had on the island--glad we splurged for it.

Visited July 2013
Newtown, PA
“Nice”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've dined at Barefoot twice in the last year. The latest visit was with a party of six. The thought the food was good not great. Everyone else in the group raved about their meal. So I may have just ordered the wrong thing.

I like the the atmosphere and the servise was great.

• Visited July 2013