“Good food but service was lacking”

Barefoot Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 231 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aruba is all about the fabulous beaches during the day, and the many great restaurants at night. It is only logical that these two unique things of Aruba are combined into one! Luc & Gerco found the perfect spot to synergize great food, and a beautiful setting to create an experience almost unique on our island. When listening to the ocean caressing the shore, while wiggling your toes through the pearly white sand, why not let yourself be pampered by a gourmet dinner? Chef Gerco & Maitre d' Luc had a shared dream of opening up a restaurant here, but wanted something in line with what they enjoy on Aruba: the nearly perfect climate, the possibility to always be outside, the tropical feel... When opening their restaurant, they had these ideas in their heads, and it worked like a charm! Tables under a large palapa on a wooden deck with a view of the ocean, or outside under the Aruban nights sky, on the pristine beach... An original menu was created by Gerco and team, with some of the old school favorites as well as locally influenced dishes. With the help of the local wine suppliers, Luc made an extensive wine list, with wines from all over the world, and is always ready to pair a wine with your dinner. The experienced service team is friendly yet professional, ready to wow you from the moment you walk in, to make a fabulous evening into a great memory on Aruba!
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a sunset dinner at Barefoot. The food was very good but definitely could use better service as it seemed they were understaffed. Long delays waiting for drinks and main course. Wine list was OK but seemed overpriced for the quality.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat, only few feet from a sea!Great food and amazing hospitality! Great simply great!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Barefoot has bountiful seating on the beach overlooking the harbor with picturesque boats and kayakers. We were there during a lovely sunset. The Restaurant is next to the airport, which my husband found to be a plus because he liked watching the planes coming in and hearing them leave. Service was faultless. My Poupon Mustard Soup was very creative and quite nice. My husband really enjoyed an appetizer of steak tartare and sushi and pronounced it absolutely delicious. My Caribbean grouper was excellent, but my husband was very disappointed in his "fish three ways" because it was extremely overcooked. Not a little, but a lot. I feel that the overall ambience, service, and general quality of the food earns Barefoot a 5 star rating despite this misstep. I would go back in a flash. My husband would hesitate.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had many restaurant suggestions from friends, but chose Barefoot from the good reviews on this site. It was my 50th birthday and I wanted to be on the sand--a few places wanted a credit card to reserve for a party of 5 and I didn't want to do that. They gave me a front row table as I had requested, gave us all complimentary champagne for my birthday, and could not have been nicer! The food was excellent. We actually liked it better than Flying Fishbone (which everyone else raves about, we thought it was just ok). The planes were pleasant to watch (we were surprised to see four since we were there from 8:30 - 10:30). We will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the best beach restaurants in Aruba. Great service, beautiful view with excellent sunsets. Seafood was outstanding as was the service. Excellent location to watch the sunset, enjoy a glass of wine and dine.