“Wow!”
Review of Gostoso

Gostoso
Ranked #6 of 229 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Gostoso a local favorite restaurant, that serve a blend of both Portuguese and Aruban Cuisine, which is designed to delight even the most discriminating Palate. With our cozy and small atmosphere and impeccable service at a reasonable price “Gostoso Restaurante” will be your next favorite neighborhood Restaurant.
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Wow!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is our 5th time in Aruba, and I must say this is the most delicious restaurant we've been to on the island. Food is excellent and very fresh. We will definitely be back.

Plainview, New York
“The best restaurant in Aruba”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had the most wonderful dinner last week at Gostoso . The staff was so friendly and accommodating , especially with my husbands fish and nuts allergies. You must try the Sangria ! I had the most delicious Chilean sea bass in mango sauce and my husband loved his steak. The desserts were so good and we cannot wait to go back. We visited other restaurants last week and this was our favorite!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank love2travel5361
Charlotte, North Carolina
“So yummy!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We wanted to try something with a little more local flavor and our concierge recommended Gostoso which is her husband's favorite restaurant. It's a tiny little place in the middle of the city so we made reservations, but it wasn't crowded the night we went. The chef/owner introduced himself and all the staff were very friendly. The food was super yummy and you have to try their hot sauce. It was delicious. We both had seafood dishes and loved them. Highly recommend this little place.

1 Thank CharlotteHokie
New York City, New York
“Excellent Local Food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I visited Aruba in May and wanted to try the local cuisine. After much research and reading many reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to try Gostoso. Located in Oranjestad it was a $12 cab ride each way from the Radisson hotel about a 15-20min ride. The restaurant is a little remote but well known by the locals located on a small road surrounded by houses. Now the food and service is well worth the visit. I started with the fish chowder soup which was delicious and my friend had a Cesar salad. She claims it was one of the best Caesars salads she had!! For the main I tried the goat stew and my friend had the beef and chicken stew both were beyond delicious. They are both served with veggies white rice and plantains. The plantains were some of the best I had and also their spicy green sauce is so tasty. We had the white sangria and shared a flan. All in all we spent less than $100. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Aruba.

2 Thank Violet2006LM
New York City, New York
“Sushi Roll worth the trip alone!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have had the pleasure of visiting Gostoso twice in the last six months... once with a friend on a girls' trip to Aruba... and two weeks ago, with my husband. The restaurant is Portuguese with an Aruban twist. It can be a bit hard to find if you are driving there, so I highly recommend taking a taxi (even if you are used to driving all over Aruba when vacationing). I found the restaurant on Trip Advisor (not on restaurantsaruba.com - which seems to have very strange ratings of restaurants that I feel cannot be trusted!). On our first visit, my friend and I decided to dine on the restaurant's front patio/porch because we love Aruba's warm nights. There is no view; the restaurant is in a neighborhood surrounded by businesses and houses, and is quite casual. The second time, we dined inside. Both times, we had their home-made spicy sauce (which we loved so much, the owner bottled for us to take back to NY with us), which you can dip into their bread and savor. We had simple salads as one appetizer (very fresh and delicious) and a sushi roll with salmon, wrapped in avocaodo and plaintains and then deep fried. Half healthy, half unhealthy... but it is absolutely divine. We also each had fish entrees, which were good... but after the sushi roll, any entree would have a hard time measuring up. Probably one of the best sushi rolls I have had anywhere in the world... including Hawaii. Oh... and also try their Sangria. Very delicious. The owner is very personable and friendly, the staff attentive, and its an overall good meal. Of course, wish is was beachside - but you can't have it all!

• Visited April 2014