“local favorite”
Review of Gostoso

Gostoso
Ranked #5 of 238 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gostoso a local favorite restaurant, that serve a blend of both Portuguese and Aruban Cuisine, which is designed to delight even the most discriminating Palate. With our cozy and small atmosphere and impeccable service at a reasonable price “Gostoso Restaurante” will be your next favorite neighborhood Restaurant.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Gostoso was recommended to us by cab drivers and hotel staff as one of there favorite local restaurants. Reservation was made by phone. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and promptly seated.

The menu is varied with ample choices for all taste and budgets. We started with drinks of Sangria and a Mojito, appetizer of salad and home made linguisa and blood sausage. For dinner it was native fresh grouper one in a lemon butter sauce and the other in a madeira sauce both served with fresh veggie, plantains and rice with two glasses of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc wine.
The entire meal was well cooked, flavorful, excellent presentation and delivered in a timely manner. The cost was $84 without gratuities. Also during our dinner the owners Rose and Chef Jose took the time to check in with us.

I highly recommend this restaurant for the caring and attentive owners, well prepared food, affordable prices and the authentic local flavor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I would return on my next trip. Great staff, very attentive.
A really nice local spot to try some local food. So many food choices!
I loved the seafood soup, avocado stuffed with bacalao, the goat stew and the fried plantains.
The Tres leches dessert was to die for.
The Chef, Jose, personally greeted us. We felt welcome here and not rushed. Overall, a great experience. I recommend trying it, especially for some local Aruban food, which is what I wanted.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a meal I will not forget! If you want a truly authentic island experience this restaurant is a must. I started with the soup of the day which was a light cream based soup with a variety of fish and herbs, followed by a fresh mixed green salad with house made vinaigrette and I selected the salmon in a meuniere sauce (white wine, butter and garlic) - came with a nice side of fresh veggie, rice and perfectly cooked plantains. We could not resist trying dessert after such a delicious dinner so we had the tres leche....absolutely wonderful. Jose (the owner & chef) checked on us several times and we were served by a very attentive staff - I believed we were served by 5 staff members - excellent teamwork they demonstrate pride in the restaurant. The restaurant is very quaint, cozy and inviting located in a quiet neighborhood off the main path, but a must visit. There is indoor and outdoor seating. For those of you who do not eat seafood there are many other options. I felt that I was eating with family - so personable!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Definetely the tripadvisor reviewers were not wrong. Gostoso was a very pleasent experience. Since our arrival, the attention was great and very kind. Is a small place, so you get to meet and be attended by the owners. The food was great! specially, the local sushi roll...

The prices are much more competitive than other restaurants in the island.

Very recommended.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Having dinner at Gostoso was a pleasant experience. This restaurant was recently renovated and run by local Arubans. Variety menu. They offer three fish--grouper snapper and chilean sea bass--and you get several choices for how it is prepared. Many other meal choices in addition to seafood.

Owner visits guest tables which was very nice and he was genuinely concerned that we were enjoying the food and our time at Gostoso.