“Great Restaurant!”
Review of Gostoso

Gostoso
Ranked #2 of 239 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Gostoso a local favorite restaurant, that serve a blend of both Portuguese and Aruban Cuisine, which is designed to delight even the most discriminating Palate. With our cozy and small atmosphere and impeccable service at a reasonable price “Gostoso Restaurante” will be your next favorite neighborhood Restaurant.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The best food you can have on Aruba! Gostoso Restaurant is the place, great chef, great service, everything is amazing! and a great Atmosphere too! the place to be in Aruba.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

First time trying this restaurant. We really enjoyed our dinner. We had the Stuffed Avocado Bacalhau Vinaigrette, which was very good. Then we had snapper and grouper, one with passion fruit sauce and one with mango sauce. Both dishes were great.The only bad point was we were the only one in the restaurant. I definitely recommenced trying this restaurant.

1  Thank jasper48
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were here two years ago and it was fantastic. We came back and enjoyed another good meal, though probably not as good as I remember it the first time. The place was completely full and we were the last ones in, and we had a longer than usual wait. But the seafood is excellent, especially the grouper, and the stuffed chicken Gostoso.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

When we go on trips, we like to seek out restaurants away from the hotels and away from the typical tourist spots. This restaurant is just a few blocks from downtown and nestled in a cute neighborhood. We recommend the red sangaria...it's freshly prepared as you order it and full of delicious fresh fruits. The appetizers and main courses are amazing...I ordered the beef filet medallion, which was prepared with a fantastic pepper and cognac sauce. My wife got the special seafood dish and that too was amazing.
Sure you have to take a cab to get there and a can back (the owner Jose or his wife will gladly call a cab for you), but you'll walk out knowing that you had a truly memorable dining experience away from the hustle/bustle of the high rise hotel district or typical restaurants in center of downtown.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I found Gostoso on the list of top ten Aruba Restaurants for casual dining. We decided to go here on our last day to celebrate the end of our wonderful second trip to Aruba. Let me tell you, Gostoso was the right choice for this occasion. We left around 7:00 pm and arrived at the restaurant around 7:15 pm. We did not have reservations but the owner was nice enough to accommodate us. (make sure you tell your hotel to make reservations to this place because it is quite popular). After reading various TripAdvisor reviews, we decided to order the creole sushi. It was delicious. The fried plantain, salmon, avocado, and cream cheese blended together quite nicely. The eel sauce was a bonus. We also got a special of the day beef soup with cilantro. It was delicious. Succulent pieces of beef with the fat attached to it are swimming in this beef broth with hints of cilantro, carrots, and other spices that blend well together. For entrees, my girlfriend ordered the stewed chicken and I ordered the stewed goat. Both entrees came with rice and cooked vegetables. They were both prepared to perfection... tasty and delightful. Every bite of goat I had reminded me of what I was missing out on in the states... good old Caribbean home cooking. We will remember Gostoso and crave it right now while back in the states. The owner was such a nice guy and his wife, too. We'll be back!