“Excellent diving experience with a great team”

Unique Sports of Aruba
Luxembourg
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent diving experience with a great team”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We used the Unique Sports of Aruba for some dive trips (located right next to the Rui and Radisson hotels directly on the beach). I took my PADI openwater course with them and then continued to have a few non instructed dives with their team. The team and boat crew are fantastic. The staff really know the waters and are fantastic at helping even the most nervous people to enjoy a boat / dive trip. I passed with flying colours thanks to an extremely experience Dive instructor Jair. He was amazing, he built up by confidence and had me doing deeper dives within a matter of days. I cant thank them enough for making my experience truely memorable and for being so patient and helpful. Great team really recommended.

Visited September 2012

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“GOOD Just your average dive boat”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just your average dive charter boat. Not the most friendly crew but they got the job done. clean boat, Had tank available for cameras. Cold drinks on board. Returning to the dock on our first day ran across a large pod 200+ dolphins boat crew took the time to circle around and we were able to jump back in with snorkel with them and get some photos. Did 2 boat dives on two different days. Close and convenient to the hotels. ** On the down side rented a tank for a shore dive only to find the tank valve body knob was leaking bad.**

Visited September 2012
New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great scuba experience/ very near highrise hotels”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I chose Unique base on the recommendation of the Westin and the fact they are a very short walk from the hotel. The Antilla dive was only a 15min boat ride/ the other dive about 45min.

We did the single tank Antilla dive (60ft) and a two tang Jane C (85ft)/ Barcadera Reef (40ft) drift dive.

My 18yr old son and 16yr old daughter. They went to great pains to ensure that my children were ready for the deeper dive and they gave me a good feeling about the operation

We signed up for the 3 dive package for $180.25; they let my wife scuba dive for free during the Antilla dive

I would certainly use them again.

Visited August 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Diving trip”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

While on holiday I wanted to do some diving. There were a couple of diving shops local to our hotel but I chose Unique Sports as I had a 'good vibe' about the place and the people.
Elected to do a 2 tank dive whick took in the Antilla wreck and Blue Reef. Despite being qualified, it had been about a year since my last dive but the guys were great and made me feel at ease. The dive boat was in good order and the Dive Master was fantastic....

Had 2 great dives and met some good people along the way.

I really recommend Unique Sports and would not hesitate to use them again.

Visited August 2012
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Life Saver!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I'm a PADI qualified diver but hadn't been for a while so my skills were a little rusty. 9 Metres down and 25 minutes in I realised I had no air and my guage was at zero. I'd stayed out of the instructor's (Cindy) way because she had two student divers with her. I had to get about 12 metres in a head current and just managed it as my lungs felt fit to burst. Cindy did all her emergency drills right (and told me afterwards so did I, which was a blessing). But I have to say a big thanks to Cindy for her professionalism. The dive was good and an intersting site. Oh and by the way, the problem was a cylinder that wasn't fully open. Apparently the fluctuating gauge should have made me realise that, so big lesson learned there, thanks to my buddy Pete at Asia Divers in the Philippines for clearing that one up!! Goes to show, these guys put a lot of time and effort into understanding the sport.

Visited May 2012