“Badly sunburned, but definitely worth it”

Kini Kini Transfer & Tours
$78.00*
Jeep Discovery Tour with Natural Pool Swim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kini Kini Transfer and Tours is a family owned business since 2004. We expertise in private transportation and personalized tours around the island.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I did this tour led by Pancho (at the suggestion of others on here) and loved both the tour and Pancho's enthusiasm and knowledge of the island. The church, gold mine, and other areas were all great, but the natural pool was by far the highlight of the trip.
Pancho has great information about the island and is truly proud of his home. He is patient but makes sure that the tour moves along.
Overall, great experience.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had a great time with this bunch. Took my wife, and our two kids (14, 16) rode along. They really wanted their own ATVs, but you have to have a valid driver's license to ride alone. The kids still liked the trip.

It was $265 for the four of us, quite a good bargain given the kind of prices we've seen for other activities on the island. The ATVs all worked fine, although they're not the latest models, and are not tricked out. They get a lot of use, and it shows, but they all ran, all had good brakes. They've modified the ATVs so that all you have to do is give gas and brake. No shifting and no other things to worry about, not even ignition, as they're on when you arrive, and they stay on the whole time, even for the stops.

There is nothing difficult about the trip, and you are welcome to take your time. They don't baby you; it's a little bit of instruction and they you're off--they treat you like adults, which is very nice.

The ride is great, on paved roads and off road in rocks and sand. There are stops at an 18th century chapel, at a few high points for photos, the baby bridge down by the surf, at the old gold factory, and then finally into the national park and the hidden pool for swimming (take a mask and snorkel with you). There is no meal with the trip, no pack lunch, but they bring cold water along if you're thirsty. At the chapel there is a guy selling jewelry/souvenirs, and at almost all the stops there are locals selling a selection of cold drinks and snacks. It's not cheap, like, $4 for a Gatorade, but what do you expect?

We had Pancho as our guide, a great guy, very talkative and positive. Jonathan was his silent partner, the broom wagon, but he did a great job taking care of us.

This was a great outing, at a wonderful price. Recommend.

1  Thank rugby007
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just returned today from our cruise. My fianceé and I took the half day ATV tour from Kini-Kini. They were great! From the moment we stepped off the boat we were thrilled! Their driver met us in the cruise terminal and we were surprised to learn that we were the only guests! We took a very short bus ride to TE office and met our guide, Tony the Tiger. We explained that we were experience riders and he dispensed with the how ride explanations and we were off! We went through the city streets to the Alto Vista Church, the baby natural bridge, the Ayo rock formation, the old gold mine, and then to the Arikok NP and swam in the natural pool. Tony was very funny and informative! The tour was much better than I anticipated because we actually did quite a bit of good riding on off road trails, and Tony led us with a fun pace that was a match for our abilities! The equipment was older and did not look great but mechanically everything was fine. Please be aware that you will be riding an ATV on busy public roads and then on some easy, but dusty and rocky trails, so if you have never ridden before You might be uncomfortable. This was my experience and yours may differ, as I am sure that the pace and route can vary based on the guide and the group.

3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had an excellent time with Kini Kini ATV Tours. We called from our hotel the morning we wanted to tour and they were able to get us in that afternoon. They were prompt on their pickup and the vans they transported us in were very nice. Upon arrival we met Leo and I knew the tour was going to be a good time. The people at the desk were very helpful. We booked with a credit card, but we ended up paying with cash. My husband and I both grew up on ATV’s so we were already very comfortable with the machines. I did opt to ride with him so I could take photos while he was driving. We learned upon our arrival that nobody else signed up for the tour at the same time as us, so we got a private tour. It was awesome! We started out on the streets in Aruba and then went down the coastline. Some of the terrain was rough, but again we are used to riding ATV’s. Leo was great! He was very knowledgeable, never hurried us along, always asked if he could take a photo for us before I would ask and he collected some very beautiful shells and tiger eyes for me. The ride was gorgeous and it was nice to be the passenger on the ATV to soak it all in! My favorite part was definitely snorkeling in the natural pool. We rented snorkeling gear from a shop by our resort and took it with us in a backpack along with snacks and sunscreen. You can rent snorkeling gear from a guy in a truck (he seemed like a nice guy) at the top of the hill by the natural pool, but we opted to take our own gear, rent it for the day and use it the next morning at Palm Beach. However, we didn't use the fins we brought with us. The fish in the natural pool are amazing! It’s definitely worth the time and energy to get out your gear. We were also very lucky that our tour was so small so there weren't many people in the pool at the same time we were. And because we were on the tour by ourselves we returned to our hotel an hour earlier than expected. You will get a little dirty, so be prepared. I wore flip flops and my husband wore tennis shoes. I would definitely recommend tennis shoes due to some of the terrain you will climb on, but the flops worked for me since I wasn't driving and it made slipping my feet into the ocean that much easier. I would recommend this tour to anyone. It was by far one of my favorite things we did while in Aruba!

2  Thank LMCKB4
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My son age 22 and I went on a four hour ATV tour with Kini Kini the end of July 2012. From the start the tour company Kini Kini was professional and accomodating. Our ship did not arrive until 2:00 P.M. which is the time the tour is scheduled to start. I made the reservation in March 2012 and since we were the first to sign up they said they would pick us up at 2:00 and start the tour at 2:20. At the time we signed up the rate was $80.00 USD PP. On pick-up day they were there waiting for us as promised. When we paid we were charged the new rate of $110.00 USD PP. I questioned the rate and without hesitation they credited my credit card and honored the original price. The tour was only four people and Pancho the tour guide. Pancho is a great guide, really informative and just fun. The machines may be old but they run great and all of them had new tires. The tour is four hours and visits four or five sights including the Natural Pool. The ride goes along the coast is beautiful and not too challanging. Upon return to the shop they shuttled us back to our ship. Overal a five star excursion.

3  Thank Todd J