“Excellent”
Review of Opus Ocean & Grill

Opus Ocean & Grill
Ranked #4 of 275 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Description: A local glittering restaurant in the heart of Oranjestad, world-class seafood, prime steaks, and unparalleled service in a vibrant, up-scale setting.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service and food was awesome!!!!!! DELICIOUS!!!!!! The family that runs this family own business was friendly and so attentive!!!!! When In Aruba this is a MUST VISIT!!!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Bryan V, Public Relations Manager at Opus Ocean & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Mrs. Carman,

hope to see you next your.

Opus Family

Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Didn’t make a reservation but trusted the other reviews when walking by. First impression was cozy and excellent service. From that moment it went downhill. We waited about 45 minutes just to get some garlic bread (restaurant wasn’t even half full). Then I took almost 20 more minutes to get the steak and prawns we ordered. I ordered a Ny strip but got some other kind of piece. One part was completely burned and the biggest part last was way over cooked. Ordered medium-rare and got it well done. Got a new steak after 10 minutes. It was better but a bit under cooked instead. Waitress didn’t seem very sorry. Nope we won’t be coming back.

Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you decided to visit Opus Ocean & Grill, our small and humble family business. I would like to apologies that you did not get the best experience.

We apologies that the service did not went to you expectations, the reason for this was that most off my family went home early because its low season.

We hope you reconsider not coming and hope to see you back soon to make it up to you.
And we would truly encourage you to make a reservation.

Opus Family

Reviewed September 12, 2019

We had a lovely time. All of the food was delicious and we especially recommend the Pan Bati. Our servers were highly entertaining and the prices were lower than all of the comparable restaurants we ate at--and the food was better! Oh, and there was live music, which was really good! It was strangely empty--people should come here!

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Glad I looked for this place and found it. Right off the markets and Renaissance mall in downtown Oranjestad. Wonderful atmosphere and ambiance! Food was delicious and server Brian very attentive and responsive. I’m looking forward to coming back and encourage you to definitely visit them when in Aruba. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

While staying at the Renaissance Hotel in Oranjestad we wanted to find a fabulous restaurant to celebrate my husband and my 50th Wedding Anniversary. We were looking for an upscale place with lots of ambiance. Locals told us about Opus Ocean & Grill. The moment we walked in we were greeted and directed to our table. The waiter held my chair and placed a napkin across my lap. Immediately I knew this would be a experience to remember. Our server Kenya, was pleasant and made us feel welcomed. He took the time to know us, and made it a very personal experience. My husband ordered Mahi, I had Grouper. Both dishes were outstanding: flavorful and sauces for the fish were to die for. We had celebratory drinks and even chose to have a dessert. When Kenya delivered the dessert it came with sparklers, and the plate was decorated in frosting and read Happy 50th Anniversary. The entire meal with drinks and dessert was only $77. We could not believe it. We had spent so much more for just so-so dishes in Aruba. Kenya said they mostly get locals, as this is about a block and a half off the main drag. So this is a well-known local secret that I'm letting out the bag! So go, enjoy, I highly recommend. And for those that do not like fish, they also serve very juicy steaks. If I'm lucky enough to go back to Aruba, Opus Ocean & Grill is one of my first stops. When you go, tell Kenya I hope to see him on my 51st Anniversary!!!!!!!

1  Thank JustJoanC