“Great Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CILO City Lounge

CILO City Lounge
Ranked #45 of 220 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Being located at the downtown Marina has its advantages... the fishermen docks right in front of CILO. Our Chef always has the first pick and will treat you every night with a fresh catch of the day. Life is great at CILO!
Vineland, New Jersey
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped in for lunch one day and I would like to go back for dinner next time we are there. The outside seating was very comfortable and the breeze was so nice if you sit on the street side. I had the Tripoli Greens-a wonderful, fresh salad. My hubby had Aruban Mushroom Gratin-it has a wonderful gouda sauce. The menu is very interesting and I'd love to try some of their other items. This restaurant is just outside our resort so I know I will be back.

Visited April 2013

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Very good downtown restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The bar was good, but the bartender was a little inexperienced (didn't know how to make a daiquiri). We then went outside for dinner. The food was good and the only distraction was the traffic (and exhaust) caused by cars constantly entering the marketplace parking area.

Visited January 2013
Plymouth, Michigan
“Poor Service - Average Food - Nice Location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant was recommened to us by a couple of locals...so we gave it a try. The location is nice, the look and feel is comfortable and relaxed, however the "relaxed" part became the problem. It took forever to get water, it took forever to get our drinks, it took forever to get our food, which eventually started to arrive intermittantly with large gaps of time between deliveries.

Now, I'm all about "island time" but if these guys were any slower they'd be working backwards! My poor husbands' meal came so late that some of us had actually finished most of our food before his arrived - really?!?!?!?!

To add insult to injury, my husbands plate contained ONLY the fish he ordered - NO sides. But it gets even better - the person who delivered his food asked if my husband wanted his sides and then NEVER returned with them! When we complained to our waiter, he pointed to a little lonely bowl of vegetables sitting at the other end of the table (we were a table of 6) and told my husband those were his veggies - which he brought out about 10 minutes earlier - "because the chef told him to"...really?

There are a lot of nice restaurants in Aruba - try those instead...the food was not worth the wait or the aggravation. If you must try this place and you get frustrated - there is a Subway a couple of doors down that's run efficiently.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jefferson
“Relaxed and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Cilo offers a selection of soups, salads, sandwiches and full dinners, so if your party can't decide on what or how much to eat ona particular day, Cilo is a good choice. There is something there fore everyone. Food was good, service was fine and prices were very reasonable. Sweating is open air and mostly outdoors. Located at the Rennisance Plaza, it is a good people watching location as well.

Visited March 2013
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

So it was Sunday night and at least they were open is the best I can say. Not enough waitstaff, although our yound waiter was trying hard to please. Portions were perfect for my family (on the small side) and food was just ok. Drinks took forever to arrive and seriously who puts a maraschino cherry in a Cosmo? This restaurant would benefit from hiring more staff and having waitstaff responsibilities defined.

• Visited March 2013