“Will NEVER come back”

Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I'll start by saying that I don't usually write reviews unless something is really off. That's exactly what this hotel was. I walked in, super excited and ready to check-in. The lady at the front desk ignored me and continued talking to her friend. I waited for their conversation to end and for the friend to step aside before I stepped up to the desk. Once I was there, the lady proceeded to ignore me and walked off to the side with the friend she had just been talking to. SO RUDE. So I am still waiting and she finally decides to give me the time of day. She says good afternoon to which I reply, "Hi, ---- checking in. Her response was a big, "I said Good afternoon." Really? Really?? I am pretty sure I'd been standing there for over 15 minutes without her even looking at me. She has a nasty attitude and someone needs to put her in her place!

Needless to stay I will NEVER stay here again. As someone who travels frequently for business, I am also letting my colleagues know about this awful and dirty hotel! I am not wasting another cent on this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Just save yourself the hassle of dealing with BonQuiQui at the front desk!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
12  Thank Cuddlz811

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here on business for 3 night. Rooms are a little dated, but comfortable and clean. Aircon was noisy though.
Good nights sleep. Food was ok, but predictable. The kitchen isn't brilliant, sometimes the fries seemed old.
Bar staff sometimes pre-occupied amongst themselves.
But, everything said this is still a very good hotel, and very convienient for the airport.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Spongeandcustard
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed one night at Talk of the Town on our way from Bonaire back to the USA and wanted a place close to the airport and our room was showing signs of age. Paint was peeling, door did not shut tightly and could see light around two edges, bath room fixtures were old and very worn, and overall it is in need of a major overhaul. Other reviews said to ask for a renovated room, but none were available for our night on 2/17/14. The staff was very friendly and quick to answer questions and give advice on where to eat and getting us a taxi for our ride back to the airport. Breakfast was included and you get what you pay for, unfortunately the scrambled eggs were cold, the potato and onion combo was cold, the breads and pastries were stale and the coffee too strong. The beach club is across the street and is lovely white powdery sand with availability of drinks and food at the local bar and restaurant adjacent to the beach. Your nights stay includes use of the beach lounges but if you want an umbrella for the time, it is an extra charge. There is music playing, mostly loudly, but some good local talent singing, but remember being right next to the airport, they do turn it up to drone out the jets. It is a good beach for a swim and to sit and enjoy the fine Aruba weather. The hotel provides beach towels at the main desk, but be sure to return them there as well, otherwise you will be charged for them. We dined at Pinchos, just down the beach and it is fantastic and easy safe walking distance from Talk of the Town. You can make reservations on line, but they fill up quickly and we didnt get one , but sat and had dinner at the bar with an incredible view of the sunset. Overall it is just an average place and if your expectations are not too high, then this will fit your needs.

Room Tip: Most definitely ask for a renovated room. Our older room overlooked the pool and was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ask for one of the renovated rooms, they are close to the road so some road noise but are much nicer. Hotel is close to the airport so you will hear the planes landing and taking off.Free parking and Wifi.Don't expect luxuries here, go to a more expensive property if you are looking for that.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AmstelD
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We ended up not even checking into this hotel. The hotel is some distance from the downtown area - certainly a long walk or taxi ride in the heat. It is also located at the end of the runway of the airport and there was considerable noise from jet engines as they got ready to take off. There may in fact be a beach on the other side of main road and the chain link fence, but we couldn't see it and didn't give it a try. Here's more about why we left: When we arrived after leaving our cruise ship, there was no one to help us with luggage from the taxi into the hotel. We were told that there was no room ready for us (that's OK - we were there early) and WE could put our luggage in an unlocked room off the lobby, then return at 3pm. We asked if there was a place to have breakfast and she pointed out the common breakfast room. The breakfast was pretty bare bones and the air conditioner in the dining room was broken. The wireless internet access was pretty good and we used it to book another hotel in the beach resort area. If you want to be economical about ;your stay in Aruba, this might be a good place to stay, but it was not the spot for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just recently stayed at this hotel…..We have 2 small children and when we checked in, there were no towels in our room. We politely asked the front desk for some towels and were refused as they stated, "we are really busy right now do to the hotel fully booked, don't expect towels tonight…maybe tomorrow."

We received towels next day….wow

Then a relative tried to contact me at the hotel…but when he gave my name to the front desk, they first said we were to checked into the room, then said oh I seen them walk to the beach, they are not in their room at the moment. We were n our room waiting for the call. Later that night when my relative tried to call again, the front desk said he could not transfer the call unless he had the room number. So, "whats the room number, your the hotel front desk.?" The response was, "That would mean I would have to look it up….and I am not going to do that."

WOW….we never got our call.

At the breakfast restaurant, staff took 40 min to bring paper towel to clean spilled milk, then another 30 for the bill….Tables were dirty everywhere…..

When checking out, at 11 AM, we asked to leave our bags in the hotel till 3 PM. As our flight did not leave till 5 PM. We were refused. The answer was, "No No No No no NO," from staff. I never heard of a hotel refusing to hold your bags…..crazy. We had to carry our bags everywhere till the flight……

Staff was very lazy, rude, and self-centred.

Room Tip: Just don't go
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Jason R
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Near airport, free parking cross the street, beach, restaurants, etc. just cross the street.
Only one person work in the front desk, wait long time for check in. Breakfast is good and complementary. Free WIFI.

Room Tip: Choose first floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Becky78123456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
#24 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Paradera Park Aruba
Paradera Park Aruba
#1 of 1 in Paradera
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Caribbean Palm Village Resort

Been to Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!