After reading some of the reviews about the Tamarijn my husband and I were a little apprehensive about staying at this resort. Upon arrival we realized many of the complaints were just that. Keep in mind, you can't please everyone! There are a lot more pros than there are cons about the Tamarijn. Yes, the resort is older, but it is well cared for and the staff is wonderful.
We stayed in the 2200 block and would suggest when booking you ask for the 2100-2400 block if you want a quiet area. It is a bit of a walk to the restaurants but there are little shuttles running all day. The food was good and you are able to eat at both the Tamarijn and the Divi so it's possible to have something different every evening. We tried all the restaurants except Ginger (my husband doesn't eat Japanese food) but when talking to others they said the Ginger was excellent. Our favorite was the Red Parrot at the Divi. (They shuttle you over) We had no trouble getting reservations at any of the restaurants, any time of day. Many people actually called from their rooms to book reservations. The rooms were cleaned daily and housekeeping did a good job. The proximity to the beach is phenomenal. You literally step off your patio and there you are. Bring a large container for drinks if you spend most of your day on the beach. You can actually fill your own bottle with water, soda, etc, at the bar by the buffet restaurant. The waitstaff are great and tips are not expected but they work hard and we always gave them a couple dollars. At the buffet restaurant we enjoyed "Angela" as she taught us bits of the language everyday.
One spent one day of site at DePalm Isand. If you have children, this would be a great full day plan but we were two couples and we bought a full day pass and half day would have been plenty. There are waterslides for the children, snorkeling, lovely lagoons for sunbathing and swimming, and an amazing experience called Sea Trek where you go 25' under the sea with nothing but a helmet (with oxygen) and walk around the sea floor. We handled sea urchins, touched the fish, etc.. It's a little pricey but well worth it.
Our evenings were quiet when we stayed on site...often sat around and listened to the bands, shopped in the little flea markets, or shuttled to the Alhambra Casino.
Oranjestad is a beautiful city with old Dutch tradition and lots of shops. If you like jewelry, bring your credit card. There's a great selection.
All in all our trip was fantastic and I would recommend the Tamarijn to all. Remember, you get what you pay for, and to expect five star treatment at a three star resort is just plain silly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad