My family just returned from the Tam today and I want to give my thoughts as I used this site frequently. The beachfront rooms are fantastic if you are a beach person and plan to spend alot of time on the beach. We stayed in 1905 and did a lot of snorkeling right out of our room. We saw starfish, octopus(several), baracuda, parrot fish, puffer fish and others. This just blew us away. My children hunted crabs on the beach at night and we watched the sunset every evening. My husband just loved the Tam because of this. However, I wish it had a nicer buffet. The food was mediocre on the buffet at best. We loved the grill food but as the previous reviewer mentioned the service there was SLOW! We also found the bartenders to be very unfriendly and we often had a long wait for a drink. This is definitely a lower end resort and if that's okay with you as a tradeoff for the beach front room then you will be happy.
I kept camparing the Tam to the Iberostar we stayed at last year in Mexico and it really comes up short in comparison. At the Iberostar we had refrigerators in the room so there was never a shortage of drinks. At the Tam I found I was always thirsty and it was a hassel to go the bar to order a drink becuase of slow service.
Also, they do have evening entertainement but the only seating is already taken by late diners so unless you are already seated because of eating the buffet it is impossible to get a seat for the entertainment.
I thought the Red Parrot and the Paparazzi were actually above average and my kids loved cooking their own food at the Palm Grill.
We rented a jeep and toured the island on our own. This was very easily down and allowed us to spend a lot of time at Baby Beach. The snorkeling there is the best I've ever seen. Be sure to bring water shoes as Baby Beach is very rocky. Also, bring bread with you as the fish will each out of your hand. The butterfly farm and the ostrich farm were both very entertaining and well worth a visit.
All in all we had a lovely time at the Tam and still prefer the quietness of its beach to the buy high rise area but don't expect any thing fancy in the way of facilities or food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad