The Tam was exactly the type of place we were looking for to spend a week in the Caribbean. It's not luxurious or new, but very clean and adequate. This was our first experience with all-inclusive and we were very pleased. Drinks were good and generous. We ate in the Italian restaurant twice, the Red Parrott twice and the interactive Palm Grille once. We had dinner meals at each of the buffets (Tam and Divi) one night each. We had excellent food at the Papparazzi and Parrott. You could always find something good on the buffet. If you found something you didn't like, there were always plenty of other choices. We liked the idea of not having to carry around cash or credit cards everytime we went to find something to eat or drink. (The pizza and club sandwiches were good at the snack bar as well.)
It was really nice being able to walk out of your room and onto the beach without having to worry about a cover-up, shoes, etc. We also didn't miss having to trapse through hotel lobbys everytime we wanted to go to the room for something. It was very laid back and relaxing. We found the staff extremely helpful, especially Fred and Barbara. Tina was a great bartender and made some awesome drinks. The Divi was very nice and probably a little more upscale. It didn't have the same charm as the Tam. People at the Tam were just down right friendly and easy to talk to.
The rocks - not a problem. There was plenty of beach that was rock free.
Smoking - We are not smokers and did not experience any problems other than the butts that people thought should go in the sand and not an ash tray. Everything (bars, buffet areas) was outdoors with the exception of the Italian restaurant, so smoke really wasn't a problem.
It was so easy to get around with the bus system and we always felt safe. We took the jeep safari which really gave you a flavor of the North side of the island. We took the full day tour which also included time at DePalm Island. I enjoyed the snorkeling and blue parrot fish, but it was a little too stirred up for me by the time we got there in the afternoon. We also took a DePalm snorkeling tour. The reefs were just okay, but the shipwreck made the trip worth the time and money. The fish were incredible. One day we rented a car and went out to Baby Beach. There was one small opening in the coral formation that went out to sea. The snorkeling there was excellent. (Forget the larger opening that was a little further away. We didn't see one fish there). I would suggest going early as people came in by the bus loads (litterally) around noon and the water got stirred up quickly. Also, there are only four small leantos to get out of the sun. They were quickly claimed. We lucked out and did get under one. Otherwise, there is no protection from the sun.
We were looking for relaxing and laid back. That's what we found at the Tam. I'd go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad