First time reviewer, so I'm going to keep this short and sweet since much has already bee written about this resort.
Our family chose Aruba/Tamarijn for 5 days in March. Traveling with a 10 year old and 6 year old daughters, my wife and I what Safety/Security, "stress free" eating (hate the dreaded restaurant decisions for our picky eaters), and- of course- the beach as our priorities.
This location delivered in all areas. Aruba itself definitely felt "safe" compared to other Caribbean locations that my wife and I have visited (and enjoyed). The airport is modern, and all taxi fares to resorts have fixed/printed rates. We got to see most of the island on an off-road jeep excursion to the "Natural Pool" and other sites (highly recommended), and left the resort one afternoon to shop at the mall area a mile or so from the resort. No worries.
The Tamarijn itself was fantastic. We stayed on a second floor unit located a couple of buildings from the pools/restaurants, and felt the location was perfect. There was literally no noises that could be heard from the public area (as I thought there might be). I'm not sure if its the result of the ocean & wind, or just the build/layout of the resort, but my neighborhood in the Midwestern suburbs is louder. My recommendation to others would be to request something between the main pool/restaurants and the Bunker bar. Although others seem to feel differently, I think I would have been disappointed if I were past the Bunker Bar. The view deteriorates quickly, as the Tamarijn is actually the last resort before getting to a shipping port and the airport, etc. Also, I think the best way to utilize the restaurants and bars for snacks, etc. is to be close by. Whether its a fresh banana smoothie or soft-serve ice cream for the kids, or an oven-fired pizza or cocktail for Dad, it seems like being within reasonable walking distance is an obvious advantage.
Speaking of food, we found the quality/selection to be more than adequate. In fact, we found the open buffet (which closes for a few hours for switching between the breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner) to be preferred over the restaurants. We do not "gorge" on vacation (fitness buffs), but the selection of fresh fruit, salad, and various grilled/cooked options was fantastic. I made myself various versions of fajitas using the items being grilled and the fresh tortillas/salsas, while my family chose their own alternatives. If I had any knocks about the food at the resort, it would be the following: all restaurants feature the same (limited) kids menu, and- overall- the desserts were the area that could use improved variety/quality. That said, I don't understand people who seem to make it a goal of their vacations to gain 10 lbs, but none of them would have trouble doing it here if they chose to.
Rooms were adequate, clean, and modern. Weather was great, but ocean did kick up enough one day to keep kids and most adults out of it (completely calm on two other days). Final tip: bring a LOT of sunscreen (bottles run $15-20 US everywhere on the island). Also, recommend some "surf/swim shirts" for kids to wear.
I would recommend this destination for any of my friends/family. Since the island is so small and we felt like we "experiences it," I think we will likely try another Caribbean destination next year, but it won't be because we left unhappy in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad