The boyfriend and I decided to do Christmas time in Aruba. We stayed at the resort for 4 nights/5days. Overall, we had a relaxing, wonderful stay. Bonus: You can pay for the less expensive Tamarijn, while still being allowed to take advantage of the sister resort, Divi, for no extra charge. We ate at both resort restaurants, viewed entertainment at both, etc. More details below:
The Beach: Beautiful, warm turquoise water. Sand is white, soft, smooth and with nary a rock or sharp shell to mess with your feet.
Weather: Perfect; rainy season but barely rained -- when it did rain, it stopped within 5-10 minutes. It was hot during the day, and comfortably cooler at night. I usually like things "Africa hot" so for me to say it was comfortable at night, is a huge statement.
Food: As far as resort food goes, it was pretty good. I had no complaints.
Activities: They offered a good assortment of activities. We particularly liked: Snuba - good price and super fun. Palm Pleasure ($110)
The Resort: Very colorful; Staff is friendly; Small, Clean; No a-hole bugs/animals. Even THEY seemed to be friendly and non-intrusive ... Room: Not bad (it's not meant to be luxury), Outdated, a bit. I didn't "love" that you can hear almost everything in room next door. I found their standard room to be spacious. We requested a king-sized bed and got it w/o incident. The "in room" safe? - lol - super outdated compared to its more modern, digital counterparts found in other resorts ... At $2/day it's a bit pricey. Every room had either a balcony (if you're on the second floor) or a deck (if you're on the first floor) All views were of the beach no matter where your room was and if you have a room on the first/ground floor, you're RIGHT on the beach. I loved that all the rooms were on the beach so no walking except either right past your back door or down a flight of stairs ... Entertainment: pretty good: The usual consisted of a show, live music, Bingo!, yoga, etc.
The grounds were always clean and there were plenty of different sized pools to choose from. We were able to find a pool that were pretty devoid of people and secluded for a nice relaxing, kid-free, quiet dip ...
Nothing really annoying happened ... No body pressures you to take the "60 minute timeshare tour" ... Water is potable.
Misc: a lot of children but wasn't too bothersome. Divi is a bit more modern in appearance and have "high rise" bldgs, but, Tamarijn is usually cheaper so if the you don't care about the look of the bldg, go with cheaper - hang out at the other facility if you'd like ... close to local shops ... Resort lets you rent bikes for free ... Give out free totes ... Great bang for your buck ... Check-out at 1pm w/o charging extra - possibly longer if your room isn't scheduled for any guests the day you're checking out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad