Just returned from a week in Aruba. Stayed at the Tamarijn Feb 26 to March 5th. Had a great time! Nice room, right on the beach, good food, great service. Weather was great - although very windy!! Enjoyed the breakfast buffet - simple, well prepared food. Also enjoyed the pizza place- delicious, thin crust, made to order. Specialty restaurants - Red Parrot at Divi, Paparazzi and Ginger at Tamarijn - were excellent. Beach was lovely - beautiful soft white sand. Miles of beach perfect for long walks. First rooms we were given were way down at the far end of the property - 2500 block. We wanted to be closer to the restaurants, shops, bars, so we asked the lovely young woman at the concierge desk - Janine - to help us out. She asked that we check back with her in a few hours and she'd help us out. We have been told that in other hotels and not been given a room change so we weren't holding our breath, so to speak. But, after checking in with her later, after a large group had been checked in, Janine worked her magic and we got rooms in the 1500 block. Perfect! (She was also very helpful when we wanted info on tours) Our rooms were clean and comfortable, simply furnished, well stocked with towels, and well maintained by the staff. Fantastic that the water is clean and completely safe to drink. No need to stock room with water bottles. We loved that the rooms were right on the beach with easy access to palapas, chairs, and the towel hut. Bikes, noodles, snorkeling equipment available too. Evenings were really enjoyable by the pool/bar area. Good music and great marketplace. (So much better than having beach vendors pestering us) We had a very enjoyable holiday!
Some suggestions for management:
Have staff clean beach area along boardwalk. Unfortunately, smokers often put their cigarettes out in the sand and a good raking would help get rid of these.
Find a better way to promote daily activities. Most resorts have a printed list of activities that guests can refer to. We didn't see one. We noticed a small poster at the towel hut half way through our holiday. We were hoping for more aquafit sessions in the main pool. Thx!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad