“Blown away!”

Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arrived, were efficiently checked in and I could see the sea right there! We made our way to the view in front of us and found ourselves at the bar - situated right on the beach front, I was blown away from that moment on. The beach and sea were amazing, the bar tender was friendly and polite and gave us our first of many rum and cokes, once I had finished dancing about in excitement we made our way to our room - we were a little apprehensive about this having read reviews of small shabby rooms, when we found our room (our choice to find it ourselves having taken the bar option initially) I could not have been more over the moon! the room was bright, colourful, cosy and the view from our balcony - WOW, I cannot begin to explain how happy I was! after a quick shower and unpack we made our way back along the board walk; a lovely stroll via the quirky bunker bar we went to the main restaurant area to see if we could find a table anywhere - tables in the a la carte restaurants were advised should be booked in advance, however we enquired in Ginger whom had free tables and were only too happy for us to come in, we had no problem in booking all our desired restaurants throughout the stay and I must say each and every booking we were very pleased with, I am vegetarian although my partner is not and I personally found each restaurant very accommodating and willing to help with any requests where possible, the Palm Grill was a little different - a kind of DIY BBQ - tables are shared which - don't get me wrong, we are friendly people but we kind of like to enjoy each others company alone for meals, and also this was a little awkward for me as the main courses were all meat (but I didn't want my partner to miss out on the experience and didn't realise the tables were shared at this point) and although the waiter was very good and asked that all the table wait for me to grill my vege's before they added their meats - the couple sat with us were very understanding and had no problem with this, but I did feel a little bad about hearing their stomachs grumbling while my carrots merrily slowly heated up! anyway, apart from that, a la carte restaurants were great, my partner got to try snails in Blue Parrot which turned my stomach a bit but he enjoyed! the buffet was very good and varied and the breakfast chef did his best to ensure he produced great stuff i.e. eggs benedict for my partner. The only downside of the buffet I would say was in the evenings when if you did happen to arrive a little later in the evening, the entertainment kind of took place in the restaurant which was a little weird! especially if you were seated near the walkway when people wanted to perch on your table whilst you were still slurping your soup! Anyway, it was also great to be able to walk up to the Divi and use the different facilities there, and continued from that further walk along the beach to the divi tree! amazing beach walk but do take water and a long sleeved light top if not accustomed to this kind of heat; I didn't and really burnt my fore arms - I did find the sun here really scorching and once i'd burnt my arms for a couple of days after it felt rays were burning into my skin!

One thing I would definitely recommend is pegs for your beach towels! it was very very windy! we are used to a bit of a breeze but this really was very strong, and in fact if you were to the left of the beach bunker bar it was quite painful! on the right of the bar was a lot more bearable although still quite breezy, the sea also had quite a strong current, ok for most but personally I wouldn't put a small child in it comfortably.

One of the other things I really enjoyed about Aruba was feeling safe to walk around the island, we have been to quite a few places around the Caribbean now where you cant really leave the resort, and being able to wander out to the shop, Oranjestad, take a bus to the high rise area and feel really safe were a bonus.

We always say we wont go back to the same place twice, but this is definitely where I would make an exception.

Service, cleanliness, location - everything was spot on, I LOVE ARUBA!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tipsyangel

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Christmas at the Tamarijn was fantastic. My kids had the best time of their lives. The hotel is really really family friendly. Pizza, ice cream, soda, whatever they want anytime they want. Lots to do too....biking, wind surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, pool games, ping pong, volleyball, etc. You would literally have to try to not have fun. The rooms have all been done over since my last visit, they're clean, we'll taken care of, and right on the beach. Make sure you take a shuttle to the divi links and use the pool with the swim up bar and waterside. The staff was fun and friendly at all the resorts. The food was actually a lot better than I remember. I really liked paprazzi's Italian restaurant and the buffet was rally good. All in all a great stay, can't wait to go back and do it again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed January 7, 2013

we stayed here sept-oct 2012 for our honeymoon, as predicted weather was absolutley beautiful! we were checked in on our bus and were then able to go straight to our rooms and the cases followed shortly after. the view is breath taking, we stayed in a newley rennovated room, it had a huge comfy bed in which we were happy about, general caribbean style furnishings and great aircon! the hotel is by no mean 5 start luxury but suited us perfectly it was nice and relaxed every where was clean and tidy and the food was gorgeous! the only thing that did perhapps let it down was the tams main pool, its nothing special but did the job, it is between pizza per tutti coconuts bar and next to the buffet we found it had quite a few children in it and wasnt really relaxing and quiet enough for what we like, however there are two other pools on the dutch village complex which were perfect and only around the corner from the main pool. if you are after a little more luxury, then there sister hotel the divi divi is a little more up market but the rooms dont have the view that the tam does and for me that is priceless, we also found that the staff and atmosphere were a lot more relaxed at the tam which was great. we ate at ever restaurant on the resort and NEVER had a bad meal even the buffet was lovely always hot and pleanty of variety, we walked in to the high rise area one night and went to the Hard rock, it was VERY expensive, and we couldnt wait to get back to the peace and quiet of the tam! we also walked down to Oranjestad which is a lovely little town. We walked to the divi divi tree one night, it was a little further than 5 mins away like my husband insited it was, so maybe take water and suncream! its well worth the walk we timed it perfectly and as we were walking back the sun was setting and it makes for a lovely view. the sea trek i would reccomend to EVERYONE has so so much fun was one of the best experiences we have ever had, whilst we were on the resort i went to the spa to get my nails backfilled, i wouldnt reccomend i dont know if they do it a different way but the end look was not good, i ended up going back to have the lot taken off and oh my god, it was painfull, she didnt soak them for long enough and then resorted to pushing a sharp object between my nail and the acrylic trying to pull them off! cant comment on other treatments as that was enough for me! i have to say that is the ONLY negative i can think of, for a honeymoon destination it is perfect and would reccomend to all my friends and family

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank cheshireexplorer87
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here from October 12-18th and had a wonderful time! We stayed in one of the buildings that had been renovated. The place was very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was great to look out the window and see the ocean and beach. The next time I would definately request a ground floor room. Some nights they locked the beach chairs up so you couldn't get them to put under the shade huts. If you were on the ground floor you could simply leave them on your patio and have them in the morning. The food in the restaurants was excellent...we especially liked the Red Parrot at the Divi Resort. The staff for the most part was very friendly and helpful. The ladies at the concierge desk were terrific..they recommended a terrific restaurant in town for us and arranged our ride there and back. Definately do the jeep tour of the island...we did the half day tour and it was a fun way to see and learn about the island. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: end buildings have a long walk to food,pool and bar
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank laj710
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My family of six stayed here for six nights around Christmas time. Our rooms were very clean, directly on the beach, and had beautiful views of the ocean. The room and bed were comfy. We were at the far end of the beach so it was about a 10 minute walk to where the food and shops were, but who can complain when that walk is down a beautiful boardwalk along the beach. The food at the buffet, ginger, and paparazzi was great. Bring a sweater or coverup if you get cold easily since the restaurants are over-air conditioned. Definitely use the shuttle service if you want to visit the restaurants at the neighboring Divi resort. We had Xmas dinner at the red parrot and it was the best meal and service of all the places. The women at the concierge desk were less than helpful and pointed us in the wrong direction multiple times. Most of the bartenders were very friendly and made great tropical drinks. Snorkeling off the beach is very hit or miss. Most of the days it was too sandy to see the bottom 10 feet down, but on a clear day there's all kinds of fish. The bus to get into town/the high rise district was helpful and clean. Overall I would highly recommend this resort with its quiet, uncrowded beach!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank cc33531
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband, myself and friends stayed here in September, and again in December, and both times enjoyed ourselves very much. The hotel is older, and a bit worn in places, but the joy of walking out your patio door, and 30 steps later you are at the oceans edge makes up for dated decor. The water was beautiful, warm , clean and clear.The staff were wonderful and the maid kept our room spotless. The buffet was small but the food pretty good, wear the Tamarijn excelled was the specialty restaurants, we tried them all more than once and really enjoyed everything. The Red Parrot was excellent! Make sure to tour through Aruba, it is quite unique as the interior of the island is desert like, but the perimeter has the typical tropical island landscape. So go relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: all rooms ocean front {2 floors} ground floor allow you to walk right out to ocean, and easy access...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank 2happytravellers33
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive ! We stayed here12th through the 16th of December 2012. We had some rain but really no bother. We stayed at the Divi property on St Croix, which has no comparison to this property. When stayed at the Tamarijn on Aruba you can use all the amenities at it’s sister resort, The Divi resort next store. It is a great place to stay. The food and service at the sit down restaurants was much better the we ever expected, The Red Parrot restaurant (at the Divi) and The Asian-fusion restaurant, “Ginger” restaurant were both fine dining at it’s best. Cunucu Terrace is the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet, it was what a buffet is…. One thing though, they don’t enforce their evening dining dress code….which was disappointing. The beach was awesome. Bartenders were great. Rooms were clean but smaller than most resorts. We were in Building 22, which had been renovated and upgraded. We rented a jeep while were there to see the island, which we recommend. All in all, great place. And, definitely would return here! Hope this helps on your choice to Aruba.

Room Tip: try to ask NOT to have an adjoining room. as you can definitively hear your neighbor through the doo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank MYRAandFELIX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Hotel Riu Palace Antillas
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!