We arrived, were efficiently checked in and I could see the sea right there! We made our way to the view in front of us and found ourselves at the bar - situated right on the beach front, I was blown away from that moment on. The beach and sea were amazing, the bar tender was friendly and polite and gave us our first of many rum and cokes, once I had finished dancing about in excitement we made our way to our room - we were a little apprehensive about this having read reviews of small shabby rooms, when we found our room (our choice to find it ourselves having taken the bar option initially) I could not have been more over the moon! the room was bright, colourful, cosy and the view from our balcony - WOW, I cannot begin to explain how happy I was! after a quick shower and unpack we made our way back along the board walk; a lovely stroll via the quirky bunker bar we went to the main restaurant area to see if we could find a table anywhere - tables in the a la carte restaurants were advised should be booked in advance, however we enquired in Ginger whom had free tables and were only too happy for us to come in, we had no problem in booking all our desired restaurants throughout the stay and I must say each and every booking we were very pleased with, I am vegetarian although my partner is not and I personally found each restaurant very accommodating and willing to help with any requests where possible, the Palm Grill was a little different - a kind of DIY BBQ - tables are shared which - don't get me wrong, we are friendly people but we kind of like to enjoy each others company alone for meals, and also this was a little awkward for me as the main courses were all meat (but I didn't want my partner to miss out on the experience and didn't realise the tables were shared at this point) and although the waiter was very good and asked that all the table wait for me to grill my vege's before they added their meats - the couple sat with us were very understanding and had no problem with this, but I did feel a little bad about hearing their stomachs grumbling while my carrots merrily slowly heated up! anyway, apart from that, a la carte restaurants were great, my partner got to try snails in Blue Parrot which turned my stomach a bit but he enjoyed! the buffet was very good and varied and the breakfast chef did his best to ensure he produced great stuff i.e. eggs benedict for my partner. The only downside of the buffet I would say was in the evenings when if you did happen to arrive a little later in the evening, the entertainment kind of took place in the restaurant which was a little weird! especially if you were seated near the walkway when people wanted to perch on your table whilst you were still slurping your soup! Anyway, it was also great to be able to walk up to the Divi and use the different facilities there, and continued from that further walk along the beach to the divi tree! amazing beach walk but do take water and a long sleeved light top if not accustomed to this kind of heat; I didn't and really burnt my fore arms - I did find the sun here really scorching and once i'd burnt my arms for a couple of days after it felt rays were burning into my skin!
One thing I would definitely recommend is pegs for your beach towels! it was very very windy! we are used to a bit of a breeze but this really was very strong, and in fact if you were to the left of the beach bunker bar it was quite painful! on the right of the bar was a lot more bearable although still quite breezy, the sea also had quite a strong current, ok for most but personally I wouldn't put a small child in it comfortably.
One of the other things I really enjoyed about Aruba was feeling safe to walk around the island, we have been to quite a few places around the Caribbean now where you cant really leave the resort, and being able to wander out to the shop, Oranjestad, take a bus to the high rise area and feel really safe were a bonus.
We always say we wont go back to the same place twice, but this is definitely where I would make an exception.
Service, cleanliness, location - everything was spot on, I LOVE ARUBA!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, West Indies, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad