My daughter, my teenage grandson and myself went to the Tam in August. Could not fault the checkin procedure and welcome we received. The room was clean and newly decorated and the view from the balcony was to die for (would have liked a ground floor but how often do you spend in your room). The whole experience of being able to help yourself to tea, coffee and water and soft drinks 24 hours a day was novel, more all inclusives should go down this route. My daighter and I ate in the buffet only at breakfast and lunchtime and then only had fruit and salad but could not fault the choice. The grandson made lots of friends and they all preferred the snack bar which was open from 11am (about the time teenagers get up) to midnight. In the evenings we tried all the restaurants but our favourites were the Red Parrott and Gingers (Gingers being our number one). Yes you have to queue to book them but we took it in turns to get up and go and do this so it was not a problem and you get to talk to other guests and find out all about the resort. The toilet area by the pool was always spotless. The only complaint I have is the lack of entertainment and having nowhere to sit in the evenings after your meal. There were a few seats at one bar and the usual bar stools but apart from the receiption area (where there was no bar) the only other seats were the sun loungers and quite frankly when I get dressed in the evening I don't want to sit on a sun lounger that someone has been lying on all day covered in sun tan lotion! We also found the trips excessively expensive and I really regretted not taking my driving licence with me - the roads were really quiet and it would have been really good value to hire a car and go round the island independently. The beach was good and the best rooms were probably the ones behind the snack bar, numbers 1300 I think. There are buggies to take you round the resort but quite frankly you have to be extremely fat, lazy or American to want to use them as nothing is that far away from the pool, restaurants and bars. I would recommend this as a 3 star holiday resort - it is very casual and we met some nice people, English and American. One thing I would say they desparately need is more sun shades round the pool, apart from a wooden gazebo on one side there is no shade at all only on the beach and you have to be very lucky to get that after 7am (or should that be midnight as quite a few people put towels out on their way back to the rooms at night). We spent most days round the pool as it is only a hop skip and jump to the beach from there (no buggies needed just about 20 paces at the most!). By the way the cocktails are amazing as are all the staff at the hotel - didn't some across one grumpy one the whole fortnight. Look out for the Aloe Man he comes round daily selling his own bottled aloe vera, he's a real character.
All in all a good holiday but I think I still prefer Cuba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad