I will start by agreeing with the majority by saying this resort is amazing, the beach is perfect and the food is very good (amazing steak in all restaurants).
That is hopefully all I will repeat of all the other reviews, I will try and tell you things that I found important but didn't really know before I went.
We stayed in block 22 and the rooms had inter-connecting doors which let through so much noise, I would seriously recommend requesting rooms without inter-connecting doors, we were woken up several times I'm sure we could have got moved but with two children we didn't want the hassle.
I will also mention the kids club, this was truly awful, the girl running it didn't speak to our children despite going in daily to use their limited toys and games. MTV was on all day in the kids club with nude bodies and swearing constantly while the girl played on her phone and ignored us while our children played with the chalks and the slide, that is about all they had, it was disappointing as the money wasted on that would be better spent on a small unsupervised park and that would be 100% better for the children.
The shops on location are very reasonable and a supermarket 5 minutes walk away, also a weekend market for great souvenirs just next to the supermarket it is not worth taking much but clothes with you as you can get good stuff cheaper here. I wish we knew as we took nappies, wipes, Sun cream, after Sun, baby food and all the other essentials limiting our luggage because of weight, don't bother doing what we did, go to the local supermarket just keep walking past block 25 and cross the road.
You get towel cards for new towels as many times a day as you need which is good, you can also use floats and get snorkeling equipment, fins, kayaks all for free so no need to buy or bring your own. Snorkeling was amazing on the hotels beach you don't need to go elsewhere and pay, it was fantastic as soon as you walk in the water you are surrounded by thousands of amazing fish, there was even crabs a lobster and people saw a sea turtle while we were there.
We stayed two weeks at the start of October and it was hot and sunny and only rained by night for an hour or so, so no need to worry about bad weather.
We got married at the hotel also which was absolutely incredible, we thought it would be a bit cheesy and cheap but not at all it was lush, if anyone is considering getting married here you won't be disappointed, if you want to ask me anything about the wedding or costs if you are thinking about getting married here please feel free to contact us by email @ email@example.com
Final part of a really long review I often tip on all inclusive holidays as you normally get better service, I took money to tip but found that this hotel is not like most which expect it, you can tip and get the same service if you don't, it all just goes in a big pot not to the individual which is why I tip, so don't go thinking It's essential, It's not. I do tip the room service and they were very grateful and left extra towels, I always left money everywhere as dollars feels like monopoly money to me and I even left my safe key in the room most of the time which had a lot of money and jewellery in including our wedding rings and engagement ring, nothing ever went missing not even loose change, we also left clothes and sunglasses out the front on our patio all day and left the sliding door open all day while we were not there, no theft issues nor did we hear about any while we were there, security were regularly visible.
What a holiday and we would love to go back one day in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity and BookIt.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad