We went to the Tamarijn on 21st Sept 12 for two weeks on our Daughters honeymoon, there were 6 of us in total (4 adults & two boys aged 8 & 11) everyone at the hotel including staff and visitors were really friendly,
There weren't many kids, probably 10 between the two hotels as it was term time but our boys loved it, everyone played with them in the pool and elsewhere, we thought they'd be bored by the second week but they loved it and didn't want to come home.
I have got to say one very big THANK YOU!!! to Jorge Surro one of the chefs as one of my grandsons (Kurt) was very particular with his food but Jorge (Paizzo) couldn't do enough for him and on they day before leaving Kurt got really upset because Jorge had looked after him so well so if you could please please say a VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU to Jorge, not saying that any of the other chefs were bad they were all good as were all the staff and entertainment team.
The rooms were brilliant, just enough room and always clean, just a few steps away from the beautiful soft white beach and turquoise sea, watch out for the pelicans though as they dive bomb at the side of you while you're swimming,
We were in block 13 absolutely perfect, just a few steps from the pool, bar, buffet restaurant, and snack bar which served, breaded chicken, onion rings, fries, club sandwiches and toasted sandwiches from 11am til 1am.
They never gave you short measures either and the Balashi beer is 6% so it didn't take many to get tipsey.
The food in the Buffet was all very tasty and you always got plenty of meat, not an overly large choice but we never had to go without, we loved all the meals.
Aruba itself is only small and you can hire a car for the day for only $55 plus insurance fuel is probably about 80p - £1 per litre but you can travel all around the island in one day, its about $60 per person to go on a half day trip and all the prices are the same outside the hotel, there's no haggling, we found first choice as cheap as anywhere (cheaper for the car hire)
We looked at other hotels but found the Tamarijn to be the best for the beach and overall for the extra room we had all round, there's no need to get up early for sunbeds as there are plenty (unless you want a particular spot) do be careful about leaving things out at night as we had a couple of bits go missing but we did know about this so it was our own fault, there is a security guard but he can't be everywhere at once and the beach is probably about a mile long.
Well thats about enough for now If you need anymore info just contact me
Thanks to all the staff all over the complex you were all fantastic.
Thank you from
Denise, Ian, Sue-Ellen, Keith, Owen & Kurt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad