The main hotel areas consist of the low rise hotels (approx 25 mins walk from Oranjestad the capital town) - and the high rise area (a cab ride to town - approx 45 min walk north of the low rise area).
We walked most of the beaches in the high rise and low rise and found that Druif beach (attached to the Tamarijn) was the best. The high rise beaches are much busier. Many of the low rise beach areas are narrower.
The Tamarijn is one of 2 hotels which includes the Divi - a 5 min walk across the beach.
Sun beds go fast in the Tam, so if you want one - either get up at 6:00 am to reserve one - or take a walk after breakfast to the Divi which is always less busy (being a bit more expensive) where you will normally find one.
There are 5 main restuarants - the Italian, Chinese and Grill require booking. DO THIS WHEN YOU FIRST ARRIVE AT THE HOTEL for the next 2 nights - even before you go to your room.
Service in the restuarants can be a bit rushed so ask for a gap between course (say 30 mins - they will still bring it earlier).
Walk into town at least once - it isn't that far (cabs are $9 + tip) - if you go in the early morning it isn't too hot either.
Hire a jeep for at least one day and go see the sites (lighthouse, ostrich farm, national park etc...). Good fun doing some offroading. Driving is on the right so if you are used to US or European driving you should be ok. Just be careful - the local drivers are fine - it is the tourists who drive unexpectedly.
Also, eat out in town a couple of times - and visit the Windows On Aruba early in the week when they are not so busy - great place and you get a deal if you are staying all inclusive at the Divi or Tamarijn (3 courses fine dining for $38 is pretty damn good).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad