We arrived at the Tamarijn at the end of August, and had a wonderful holiday. When we first arrived I must admit my first impressions weren't good, but my they soon changed. I think the colourful buildings put me off, as I'm used to whitewashed buildings. As others have mentioned check in on the coach from the airport is first class. Suitcases arrived at our room promptly. Our room was lovely, and clean, with a wonderful view of the beach and the sea, what more could you ask for. We were in one of the refurbished rooms, and yes the shower does spill out onto the floor, but there is always plenty of towels and they are replaced frequently.
Personally we were not impressed with the specialty resturants, but they do make a change from the main buffett. Personnally the wok station was the best food in the buffet resturant. However we did eat at Windows and it was lovely really nice food well presented and the staff helped to make a special evening a memorable occassion,it was our wedding anniversary. The drinks were all premier brands and the service was really good, a tip does mean however that your'e glass is never empty !!! We used the bars at the Tam and the Diva and it was the same standard at both hotels.
All of the staff were really friendly and welcoming, and made Aruba a 'happy island' for us.
The beach is beautiful, cleaned reguarly and the sea warm and an amazing blue, but i do have one negative comment. There is just not enough shade I do understand that as the island does have a very much needed breeze that this would be a hazzard when using the usual umberlla type shades. There is plenty of room for more of the substantial shades in the same style as they already have, just more of them please especially for us very fair skinned brits!!
Don't let any negative comments put you off, we had a wonderful time and met some really lovely people. A holiday to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad