Lets get the very SMALL negatives out of the way for those of you that have had experiences with Secrets, Sandals and other all-inclusive resorts. The food is definitely average, there are no waiters that serve you by the pool or on the beach, there is no mini-fridge in your room and you have to endure your stay with a cloth wristband clipped on 24 hours a day.
If you have read this far then you are still interested... good thing.
The GOOD includes
The restaurants The Red Parrot, The Palm Grill and the Paparazzi were very good, the Ginger seemed average but the atmosphere was excellent and the service is excellent everywhere.
Make reservations upon arrival, they must be done at the concierge prior to 4pm .. see IRIS she was fabulous. The food and drink manager is Nick Rudolph and he was excellent to deal with as well. You will be full and happy wherever you eat, even Pizza per Tuti even though it is fast food and should be taken at that.
The bars open a decent amount of hours and the drinks are not made for the "faint of heart"
Once again bartenders are very friendly. The Bunker Bar is basically on the ocean and is great for music as well but no food is served there. There is no pool bar.
The room is either a king or a double queen with a sliding door that is directly on the beach, step out early and place a couple towels on a location and you are set. <People wake up early at EVERY resort and you'll have to do the same here> You will be literally 10 steps to the sand and 60 steps to the water, all evils are cured when you look through the sliding door and see the sand and clear water THAT CLOSE, absolutely impeccable.
Climbing rock over at the DIVI was cool, the wife liked it, make reservations by 10am.
Water sports include wind-sailing(2) no aqua bikes, kayaks or catamarans. (Which was also pretty weak)
All restaurants and activities at the DIVI are also included so it’s like you get 2 resorts (side by side) for the price of one.
The casino smells like smoke and is poorly ventilated but we ended up winning every night we hope you do as well. Table minimums are $5 all day and night so that seemed reasonable.
Pools are decent sized with 2 hot tubs in the Tam. They did look cooler at the DIVI so if you are looking for pools you can go there as well.
To sum is all up, for this price and being able to stay in a room that is ocean-front, the Tam. can't be beaten. We will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad