“Way too windy!”

Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We heard that it is always windy there but more so the week we stayed! Too windy to swim at the beach, and the pool is not too easy to use for seniors. But did spend lots of time in the sun. Just a really pretty resort with an amazing beach. Lots of lounge chairs at the beach, but not not enough places to sit by the pool. Not much entertainment. Altogether a very quiet resort.

We stayed in Vista 2 on the first floor and the rooms had been recently redone, and very comfortable. Wish there was some soft drinks in the fridge, and a coffee maker, but no. The food at the buffet was quite varied and good, but didn't stay hot long enough. The Red Parrot was good, but the coconut shrimp was tough. Also ate at Paparazzi, the food there was just so, so. We enjoyed the pizza by the pool, and I loved the Rum Runners!

It was nice to have golf carts to get us down to the Tamarijn. We only left the resort once for a catamaran snorkeling trip. Very beautiful out on the water. The trip home was very long, what with customs and immigration in Aruba. Lots of standing in line, even though on a Tuesday! It took about three hours, and was more complicated than usual. And I had a 4 hour layover in Miami, which was where I expected customs. Probably won't go back, although we had a really nice time overall!

Room Tip: First floor a good choice, as long as you keep the doors closed and locked! Vista 2 the best locati...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Irene701

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

To be fair, we normally never do all inclusive and prefer a local approach like bed and breakfasts. This was our first time at an all inclusive and sadly our last. The service was great, the rooms were clean, beach was beautiful and so was the pool. Now for the cons.. If you're looking for buffet style eating, cruise-ship like entertainment, watered down drinks, no trace of Aruban culture and TONS of Canon-ball, loud personalities from the guests, you've got the right place. It just was not for us... It's almost like we never left New York... Isn't the idea of a vacation to escape?

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Latte_nan
Reviewed May 5, 2014

six of usTraveled March 14-24 to the beautiful island of Aruba. Stayed at the Divi all inclusive for the 8 th time. Rooms have been updated with new bathrooms and furniture. The beach has to be one of the best anywhere. The staff is outstanding, from the front desk, the concierge to the bartenders. a new buffet had many choices, I am picky and always found something good. Ginger at the Tam is my favorite ala carte. I would recommend the divi to anyone, I have no idea what some negative reviews are talking about, unless they expect WAY too much. we will return in 2015.

Room Tip: We always stay in the Casitas
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank steve01570
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

It's a great hotel with one of the most beautiful beaches. Close to the City and not gar from the airport. The nearest mall is the Alhambra mall. The rooms are nice, and staff is friendly. The food is ok, but after a few days you would be craving for something else. Every 15 minutes there is a bus to the city or high rise hotel area. Bus rides cost you about $2 to the city or back...

During my stay I was surprised there was no Free Wifi, not even in designated areas. The wireless coverage is excelent. You just have to purchase a package for your stay. I find nowadays hotels should offer guests free basic and premium internet access. Especially an all inclusive hotel should consider this.

But this didn't spoil the fun I had during my stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PHilhorst
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent Spring Break at the Divi and we loved it. The staff were friendly and helpful (with the exception of a bartender or two) and our kids (ages 17 and 14) had a blast. The beach was beautiful and the food at the buffet was pretty good. It was nice to have the convenience of the buffet while sitting at the pool. The food at the Red Parrot, Ginger and Prime Grill were very good. We didn't love Paperazzi (italian) that much. They had nightly entertainment which was nice and the resort is right next to the casino which we ventured to about 4 of the nights we were there. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. It was nice to have the shuttle to go back and forth to the other resort and we felt very safe. The pool area was really nice and the snack bar was an added bonus. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't have free wifi and even after I bought the wifi it was very spotty. It's not a dealbreaker but in this day and age it should be included in the price. I felt the price was quite reseaonable. We were very sad for our vacation to end but we plan on going back again next year (especially after the kids begged to go back). :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Mommy11570
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I, in celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary, treated our children and grandchildren to a week's vacation at the Divi. We had a wonderful time!!! This was our second trip to the Divi and we will surely return for more!! The food was good (not 5 Star) the bar seemed to have watered down alcohol but the drinks were tasty. Our rooms were in the Vista II Gardenview - we were on the ground floor and had a very nice patio and the rooms seemed to be recently updated. My one concern is for future trips to the Divi - Be Aware that the Divi will start charging for children next year!!!! This is very unfortunate - the airfare from PHL to Aruba is bad enough for children - and now this resort is going to start charging $50 per day - per child. For a family of 4, this adds an additional $700 (plus taxes) to a week's vacation. Maybe they are trying to steer families away.... I don't know. There is no way a 6 year old is consuming $50 worth of food/beverage in a day. My suggestion to them is to charge a small fee to participate in the various "kid events" that they hold - i.e. tie-dying tee shirts, kids camp, etc., so that each family can pick and choose what they want to pay for. Bottom line is, my husband and I will surely return, but we will not be able to afford to take our children and grandchildren with the rates stated for 2015. I hope they re-think this increase!! Hopefully they read TripAdvisor as much as I do!

Room Tip: Garden View rooms in the Vista II - request ground floor. If you are on the second floor you will b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank karenm83
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have been to the Divi Aruba all inclusive many times. My wife and I returned again this past April 2014. Last year 2013, we thought we would change our plans and try he Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic(see our review). From the moment I arrived back to the Divi I knew we this is where we would be most happy.

I have read reviews about the Divi and it may not be a 5 star resort, to me and my wife it is. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They welcomed us back home when we arrived and they truely meant it and we felt it.

You cannot find a more beautiful beach and setting in Aruba, we've been to the high rises and other properties. Those properties are so crowded on the beach and pool areas. not so at the Divi.

The food is OK, breakfast and lunch buffets are very good, where you can get your food cooked to order and to your liking. Dinner buffet is acceptable. However in Aruba you need to try their wonderful restaurants, so mostly we ate out for dinner. (see our restaurant reviews).

There was always a place to get food from 7:00am to 1:00pm and drinks from 11:00am to 1:00am.

The staff speaks good English, so there was never a problem with communication. The other guests are mostly friendly and we made new friends and saw old friends from prior visits.

We stay in the Vista buildings, right on the beach with ocean view, everything is so close, not much walking.

I cannot wait to get back there next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Joe C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!