We heard that it is always windy there but more so the week we stayed! Too windy to swim at the beach, and the pool is not too easy to use for seniors. But did spend lots of time in the sun. Just a really pretty resort with an amazing beach. Lots of lounge chairs at the beach, but not not enough places to sit by the pool. Not much entertainment. Altogether a very quiet resort.
We stayed in Vista 2 on the first floor and the rooms had been recently redone, and very comfortable. Wish there was some soft drinks in the fridge, and a coffee maker, but no. The food at the buffet was quite varied and good, but didn't stay hot long enough. The Red Parrot was good, but the coconut shrimp was tough. Also ate at Paparazzi, the food there was just so, so. We enjoyed the pizza by the pool, and I loved the Rum Runners!
It was nice to have golf carts to get us down to the Tamarijn. We only left the resort once for a catamaran snorkeling trip. Very beautiful out on the water. The trip home was very long, what with customs and immigration in Aruba. Lots of standing in line, even though on a Tuesday! It took about three hours, and was more complicated than usual. And I had a 4 hour layover in Miami, which was where I expected customs. Probably won't go back, although we had a really nice time overall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba Oranjestad