“Aruba”

Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I never take vacations to beaches because I live on one, but my wife convence me I needed a real vacation other than Myrtle Beach, SC, where I live. Wow, was she right (don't tell her that), LOL. It was just what th DR. ordered. Beutiful and relaxing, right on the beach. It's not a highrise, so you don't have to run up and down elevators, or walk thruogh lobies. 7 resturants to chose from, so you can eat somewhere different every night. I put the room service was great and it was as far as cleanliness. No food service though, but you could just walk down to the bar at night if you got hungry. They served until. Oh yeah, it all inclusive, so you don't need your wallet.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the Lanie rooms all first floor on the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert T

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our 7 night, 8 day honey moon at Divi All Inclusive! Overall, it was a beautiful resort, with an gorgeous beach, GREAT food, and wonderful atmosphere! Many of our friends/family had been to Aruba before and stayed at the highrises and were a little weary about us choosing a low-rise all inclusive (because we can be a bit picky), but I have to say, we definitely hit the jackpot at the Divi! We spent one day/evening near the highrises and it was too crowded for us. I suppose if you are looking for a faster paced vacation with an overabundance of nightlife, you may want to stay near the highrises, but Divi was perfect for our relaxing getaway. Again, we enjoy good meals and dine our frequently when we are at home, so for us to be impressed with the entrees says a lot! The Red Parrot, Palm Grill, and Paparrazi were excellent! The pizza bars were great for lunch or a midnight snack (Open till 1am!) Buffet was good as well! Drinks were delicious and always strong. They have higher shelf liquors by request (absolut, bacardi, grand marnier) if you ask for a "vodka cran", they pour you rail liquor- just like anywhere else in the states.

We went on 3 different excursions through De Palm tours- all GREAT with great staff, etc! We also did a couples massage at the spa, which was beautiful.

The ONLY downside (which I really don't consider that big of a deal) as mentioned in previous reviews, the rooms are slightly dated with some signs of aging. The rooms were very, very clean though, floors mopped everyday, lots of clean towels, and beds were comfortable. All the movie stations were included and the in-room fridge stayed nice and cold. The air conditioning was excellent as well. I guess the best I can describe it as was staying in an older beach house.

Despite the lack of updates in the room, the rest of the resort made up for it! It was pretty surprising actually how up to date/modern the rest of the hotel/restaurants/pool area was!

Love Divi! We WILL be back!!!

Room Tip: Any room looks like it would be great!
7  Thank sheri k
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Just like the sister hotel but better... lovely seats at the pool. Everyone is so friendly. Bigger rooms. Food is lovely, lot of choice. But the whole hotel could do with a upgrade. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank jess295
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My new Husband and I stayed at the Divi for our honeymoon- seems pretty popular for that reason, we met 4 other couples there that shared our wedding date! The staff there was super friendly and accommodating and they really made a big deal about the fact we were there on our honeymoon.

he food at the Divi was excellent, I was not impressed by the food at the Tamarjin though - and it is partially the Tam that is bringing my overall score to less than perfect. If you are a lover of Asian food, the Ginger is a joke. I ordered the Udon and was served stew beef with rice noodles - looked a lot more like pho than Udon and there was way too much sesame oil on everything. My husband's meal was similarly disappointing. As bad as the Ginger was, the Red Parrot at the Divi was Excellent and has a nice view of the water.

While we were there we did go to the spa Indulgence by the Sea and got a couples massage on the beach which was amazing and I highly recommend it.

The rooms were pretty clean, my only gripe was the bathroom for some reason the shower only has half a wall so water gets all over the floor, and the temperature doesn't regulate very well, it goes from freezing cold to scalding hot, no matter how you have it set. There is plenty to do on the resort and they do offer a lot of excursions which we did not do this time around, but we loved our stay so much we are planning to come back for our 1 year anniversary.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Casita rooms, and I liked it a lot.
2  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I traveled with two other couples and had an awesome time. Beach is amazing, food was good, drinks even better. The staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. Thanks to Tico, Claire, Richard and quite a few others whose names I can't recall at this moment for giving us such a memorable vacation. Couldn't find fault with anything. We had an oceanview room in the Vista 1 Building, second floor, Room 219. Perfect location. You were near everything ... beach, pool, bar, towel hut and food. Room was a little dated but clean with more than enough fresh towels every day. I recommend this location highly. The sunsets were absolutely amazing and breathtaking. Dining at Windows on Aruba is a must. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Vista 1, Second Floor, Oceanview, Room 219. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank YodaMom918
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just returned from a 6 night stay at the Divi All inclusive resort. We had the best vacation.
The food was great - Red Parrot was our favorite :)
The drinks never stopped being poured.
The staff made us feel like family - Curtis, Randolph, Richard, Tico and Claire - thank you for making us feel so special.
I cannot wait to go back!
From the moment we arrived we knew we were in paradise. As we checked in a gentleman handed us two ice cold water bottles. The bellman put our luggage in a golf cart - told us to hop in and we were driven to our room :) What service!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the oceanfront with lanias- they were beautiful - and it was quieter there - no foot tr...
2  Thank NomarBoston
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I visited the Divi in 2011. It was our first trip after our twins were born without bringing the twins and it was just what we needed!! The food was good, NOT off the charts amazing, but it was certainly decent. There was also an off site sea food restaurant that the staff recommended (I cannot remember the name of it), that was fantastic!

As far as excursions, we did the Kukoo Kanooku which was SOOO MUCH FUN! And the doon buggys through the desserts which visited private natural pools (SOOO BEAUTIFUL)!

I would like to make clear, that this is NOT a luxury resort! The rooms are much like basic hotel rooms. I am someone who prefers luxury, however, it was clean and comfortable. My husband....he absolutely LOVES this places and still talks of returning, we likely will. The views from the resort are GORG! And the beach is very quiet and safe. I would recommend this to any family or couple looking for a relaxing laid back vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christa L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!