We have just returned from our honeymoon at the divi aruba. The check in was very easy, as we were checked in on the bus (thomson transfer) and then went straight to our room.
The location is amazing! White sand and turquoise blue sea - exactly what we wanted for our honeymoon.
Rooms - we had booked ocean view room through thomson. When reading reviews on here I became a little worries about the rooms and had seen on the divi Facebook page that some rooms had been refurbished. I emailed reservations before travelling asking if possible could we have a refurbished room as we are celebrating honeymoon. Unfortunately we didn't - we had a room in vista 1 building (206) now our room was about 20 footsteps from the beach and view from
Balcony was beautiful - this is what stopped us from complaining about room. Like I said earlier I was expecting the room to be dated from previous reviews but it was worse that I thought. The rooms are in desperate need of an update or the hotel needs to bring their star rating down! The wardrobe doors don't meet in the middle and the bathroom can't have been updated for decades!
The rooms are very clean and again the location makes up for it.
The buffet is a buffet good selection and what you expect from an all inclusive. The a la carte restaurants were all very good but the reservations are a pain especially when you are told that the only time left is 9.30 and when you look in at 8pm there are loads of tables free - we asked at the restaurant and they let us in early. The drinks are strong and the bar tenders will keep topping you up!
The pizza bar is better in the tam.
The pool area is much nicer at the divi than the tam but we spent most of our time on the beach. There's no need to rush for a sun lounger - we went down about 9.30am for breakfast and then headed to the beach/pool after and there were always beds available.
Tip - pay the little extra and go to Windows on Aruba - best night we had and food was out of this world!!
Tracey the thomson rep is great and on site most days to
Answer any questions!
Overall we had an amazing honeymoon! This hotel is definitely in the area to stay - high rise is way too over crowded! I just hope the hotel invests some of the money they charge for hotel into the up keep of rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba Oranjestad