“Divi Aruba All Inclusive”

Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Scotton, Lincs, UK
“Divi Aruba All Inclusive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just returned from Aruba staying at the Divi Aruba All Inclusive. On seeing the room for the first time I can only say I was very disappointed. The furniture in the room and exterior require a complete make over. I would only rate this Hotel as a 2 star at the best.
Food is okay but not special. For the price you pay go to another hotel.

Also I think First Choice and Thompson should down grade this hotel and not allow young children in Premier Club

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel until it is refurbished
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Ron W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Korean first
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed July 2013. It was horrible. I checked in and was greeted with all food areas are closed sorry. I asked if the bar area had food. Oh yes, I guess you can check. It was 7pm. Welcome to to our resort. Then I informed them of my a medical condition (heart) that I need to be close to everything due to the extreme heat it would be difficult to walk long distance. I was told they took care of it. I was placed at the very end. Farthest away. Now I had to wait in the heat & sun for the shuttle 10-30 minutes. No air in the buffet for breakfast or lunch and dinner needs reservation 2 days in advance. Pools in back areas are dirty, hot tubs broke, AI only work in main areas so you need to there. One handicap person dad room that he could not shower they asked him to wait a day or two. I could not believe my ears. Security guard walks by every nite and shines light in your sliding doors .

Room Tip: Make sure when making reservation that you request room next to lobby
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Beach is amazing! Service (except the front desk when we arrived) were great! Drinks awesome! Rooms were in desperate need of a upgrade...our only complaint. The beach makes up for it though. Food was fabulous. This is our 3rd time staying.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jawhitesand
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned from aruba and did have a fantastic holiday. On arrival was very disappointed with the room, it is in desperate need of upgrading, we were going to ask for a transfer as it definitely isn't platinum but we stuck it out and although I still feel it wasn't worth what we paid we did have a lowly holiday. All the restaurants you have to book are fantastic the food is a very good standard. We went to windows on aruba one night and this was amazing- have the wine that matches the meal it is well worth it. The buffet restaurant is as you would expect ok- I never like buffets people act like they are at a famine station!! They have champagne which isn't bad at all the restaurants all inclusive- they don't advertise this so just ask!!
High rise and down town both worth a wonder around but very American.
I enjoyed the entertainment at night, very low key but nice.
The small pool is a lot quieter if you enjoy piece and quiet and within easy wondering distance from the sandpiper bar.
Some of the staff are grumpy and we often got drinks thrown at us, however some are excellent!
The beach as everyone says is amazing, the sand is white and the we turquoise.
One down point and this relates to thomsons was the return flight. We upgraded and we were joined by a screaming under two year old and a drunk unconscious passenger who when she did manage to come around apparently works for thomsons in one of there shops!! She even asked for alcohol for breakfast! Not two people who I really wanted to spend so long with!
All in all was a good holiday but not worth the £11,000 we paid for four of us.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank van-vick
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Divi for 3 weeks to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary
from 14th June until 5th July
We had an AMAZING time!!!
I did worry beforehand that 3 weeks may be too long but to be honest I could probably had another week

Check in at the hotel was the best I have ever had,
this was carried out by the reception staff on the transfer bus,
even our safety deposit box key was given to us
By the time we arrived at the hotel (which wasn't far) we literally got off the bus, had a refreshing drink and went straight off to our room.

Although our room didn't face the beach, we could certainly see the sea and beach
This isn't a requirement for me as long as I have somewhere quiet to sleep but the fact that I was literally a few steps away from the beach was certainly a bonus
The room was cleaned on a daily basis and our cleaner was so friendly and even provided her own entertainment
A few times as we walked up the corridor, we could hear her singing away whilst cleaning the rooms – obviously happy in her work

Also note there are an awful lot of iguana’s roaming around the hotel, even sometimes coming onto the beach and trying to get into the restaurant
These do not bother me in anyway but some people did seem bothered by them

The Beach is gorgeous white coral sand which never burns your feet
It is slightly ruined by guests insisting on leaving their cigarette butts and drinks straws in the sand, even though there are numerous bins provided.
You didn't need to get up at the crack of dawn to get a sunbed, in fact one day we went out in the morning and got back at lunchtime and still managed to get sunbeds with a parasol.
Aruba is very windy and a few days I would have to go and shower down by lunch time otherwise applying more sun tan lotion could get a bit gritty
So having the rooms so close by was definitely a plus
Because of the wind, the sea is very very rough and so sadly I didn't manage to do any snorkelling as I'm not a confident sea swimmer.
On saying that the sea was always full and lots of people had fun jumping through the waves but I did notice that speed boats and jet ski's came in very very close and there didn't seem to be any guide buoys as to where it was safe to swim out to and not get hit by a speed boat – that does look like an accident waiting to happen

The Buffet restaurant was good, it had a weekly rotation menu so obviously by week 3 we knew what was coming.
However as there was a good choice of other restaurants that could be booked, numerous times then we were never bored
The Red Parrot (next door to the Buffet Restaurant) was excellent
I loved the Coconut Shrimp so much on my first visit, I had to have it again every single time we went again.
Ginger (Asian) restaurant was also good with a varied menu
We never actually made it to Italian Restaurant
These restaurants could be booked upto 2 days before, which some people seemed to find a problem, but I was perfectly happy to go up to reception and book these – it is less than a minutes walk

We went to ‘Ginger’ for our last evening in Aruba which also happened to be July 4th and because the main Nationality of visitor is American they celebrated Independence Day in style and we had a massive firework display – which really ended our holiday on a high

The internet is disgustingly over priced but unfortunately the Americans are happy to pay this extortionate price and so the rep gave us a little tip
There was a little shopping arcade just outside the hotel which had a coffee shop which had free wii fi
One night we couldn't get onto their internet but further down the arcade was a ‘piano bar’ and we did manage to get onto theirs for a few minutes

If you ventured down the sister hotel, the Tamarin you could have free use the of bicycles
We did this on a couple of occasions and did some sightseeing
We did do one organised excursion but as everything on Aruba is very very expensive, we tried to do things under our own steam

For our wedding anniversary my husband booked us in to do a tandem sky dive with ‘Skydive Aruba’
I was a bit concerned before doing this as it really isn't my cup of tea
But the guys that do this are fantastic and really put you at ease
All I can say is ‘TRY IT’
This was something totally different to celebrate.

In my view this is a very expensive island and although we had a fantastic time, and I don't regret going, but we can go to other Caribbean Islands for half the price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wendieh20
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned home from an amazing stay at the Divi! When we first arrived, the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. We had a few issues with the room.. We were given two queen beds instead of a king bed( must be requested in advance) which was no big deal but there were a few hairs scattered around the bathroom. However, the staff was very accommodating and offered to switch our room immediately. The view from our room was gorgeous and located directly infront of the beach, which is one of the gorgeous beaches I have ever been to and literally forget every worry you might have once you are there! The buffet always had something different but was good! I highly recommend the red parrot, it was extremely delicious and never disappointing! The staff and bartenders were very friendly and made delicious drinks/ cocktails! The resort had nighttime entertainment( karaoke, dancing, performers, etc) which ended by 11/12 each night which was perfect if you just want to relax! We went on the catamaran sunset cruise, and it was one of the most amazing enjoyable romantic expierances and is highly recommend to share with a loved one! Over all we had an amazing stay at the Divi and would recommend the resort to anyone looking to enjoying a relaxing vacation and am already planning to go back in February!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank lisa S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

me and my husband stayed at the divi from 14-28 June this was our honeymoon, food was lovely and rooms nice and clean, the bed was one of the best I've slept in, wind was very harsh and at times unbearable, but had a few nice days where it died down a bit, a la carte restaurants are wonderful although the staff at the ginger definatly needed some training in customer service but all the other restaurants were fantastic and my wine glass was always being topped up without request, the cocktails were plentiful and the resident iguanas were a delight to see everyday, however upon checking out we could not find my kindle, it was however next to the tv around a week prior, we had assumed each other had moved it and packed it away, it then dawned upon us that it had clearly been taken, we reported this to reception by this time we had around 45 until the coach collected us got the airport, security turned up with about 5 mins to spare we barely had time to fill out the loss report sheet and she couldnt care less, we asked for a copy of this report for our insurance, we was told no, but s scanned copy will be forwarded to us very shortly and we gave out email address, we have chased numerous occasions and yet still nothing, the staff didn't seem to care one bit, another quest over heard us and told us that his very expensive sunglasses were also taken from his room out if the sunglasses case upon telling the rep he said she also didn't seem to be at all surprised or bothered in fact..!! I've since complained twice by email to the hotel direct- no response and once to Thomson, I would not recommend Thomson or the divi aruba ever to anyone they should be ashamed, I know they say ignorance is bliss but I see it as just plain bad mannered.!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank reallix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,863 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,598 reviews
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,632 reviews
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!