We had a great time in Aruba, thanks mostly to the friendly staff at the Divi All-Inclusive. Everyone seemed sincerely nice, and many of the staff had been working there for a number of years. We witnessed quite a few visitors embracing staff they had obviously met on previous stays, talking like old friends. While this was our first stay on the island, we talked to many people on their nth stay, including one guy on his 17th year!
The buildings were old, but clean. We never heard our neighbors or really anyone in the hallways. The shower pressure was poor, and the bed was a tad uncomfortable for our taste. But we weren't there to stay in the room, and the rest of the resort was wonderful.
The restaurants had really good food, so there was no need to eat outside the resort. We discovered meals off the resort were quite pricey, so were glad to eat within. A wide selection of seafood was offered at each restaurant; our favorites were Ginger and the Red Parrot.
This resort is in the "low-rise" area of Oranjestad. After visiting the "high-rise" area, we were glad we stayed in the low-rise. The hotels/resorts were not as packed in, and we could walk the beach for at least 2 miles toward the high-rise area.
The bars in the resort would serve just about anything you could ask for. Not top-shelf liquor, but you could ask for an alcohol by name if you are more choosy about your booze. For example, you would need to specify "Captain and diet", otherwise you would get some low-end rum. The drinks were strong, and unlimited, so there was no excuse for not having a good time!
Initially we were disappointed that the majority of the activities and restaurants were at the Tamarijn side, but later realized that was OK because our side had less kids/families. Plus it was a 10-minute walk along the beach to get to the Tamarijn, or a quick golf-cart ride if we felt lazy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba Oranjestad