My husband and I returned from our 37th trip to Aruba on Jan.31,2013,36 of these trips we stayed at the Divi. Although food was never their strong point once they became an all-inclusive it truly deteriorated.
The breakfast buffet is particularly unappetizing. The bananas were either totally green or rotting,the melons unripe,the omelet overcooked and the baked goods vile tasting.
Except for Ginger,the other restaurants were quite bad. The food at Paparazzi was awful to look at and tasted worse.No Italian restaurant we have ever been to would ever serve food like that. The Red Parrot is not much better.
Fortunately, the pizza at the bar near the main pool is excellent as is the pasta at the Sandpiper bar. The sandwiches are also good. However, one cannot eat pizza and pasta every day.
If the Divi went back to being just a regular resort we could eat wwherever we wanted. But to pay for an all-inclusive and then have to eat somewhere else becomes exhorbitant. But we do so 2 or 3times during our stay
We keep coming back to the Divi because of the beautiful beach and the ability to walk out of our casita right on to the beach.
The staff is really friendly and we are always greeted with smiles and great warmth..
We do hope the management will do something to improve the dining experiencce.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad