My husband, son and I went to the Divi Aruba All Inclusive from December 18- 25, 2012. This was our 2nd visit to the Divi and it did not disappoint! The resort is the same as it was from the last time we visited 4 years ago - there have been some improvements to the pool and main area when you enter the hotel - there is still room for more improvement. The food was great at all the restaurants (the buffet could be hit or miss for dinner but was always good for breakfast and lunch) and the speciality restaurants were great (we ate at the Red Parrot twice, Paparazzi, and at the Asian Fusion Restaurant - all were very good but our preference was the Red Parrot) and our room was just what we expected- nothing fancy but practical and really how much time do you spend in your room when you are in beautiful Aruba. If you are looking for a 5 Star hotel this is not the place and if you are bothered by the old decor, and maybe a loud fan in the bathroom and leaky AC then this is not the place for you. All those things can be fixed, but the one thing that cannot be fixed is the location - the beach is just breathtaking, the layout of the resort is great with easy access to the beach and to the sister resort a 10 min walk or shuttle bus ride away what more could you want! We did not return to this resort for the rooms - we returned to enjoy a wonderful location and have fun in the sun! The staff we found to be very helpful and basically nice folks.
Because this was our 2nd trip to Aruba we did not do as many activities outside the resort - we just opted to try the Natural Pool 1/2 day Jeep Tour by DePalm Tours (our 17 year old son really enjoyed this). It was fantastic! Our tour guide Giovanni was wonderful! Lots of energy - always kept us on our toes, and made the day an adventurous one. Don't let the laid back attitude of the team worry you - they are very professional and do their job very well and keep you on a roller coster ride for 4 1/2 hours in the outer parts of Aruba - great job Giovanni and jeep tour team!
During our stay we met folks from Boston and Sweden and Canada - lots of people return each year or every couple of years and you can see why - the location is wonderful, the food is good, the entertainment is nice, the resort is relaxing, and Aruba is a very safe island and we always felt safe at the resort. If you are looking for a party atmosphere and a 5 start resort then this is not the place for you, but if you want a great relaxing vacation on a picturesque beach - then I would suggest you give the Divi Aruba All inclusive a try - we are happy we did and hope to return again some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba Oranjestad