My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Divi resort. Overall, the resort was above average. In comparison to an all inclusive Dreams we have stayed at in the past, this was less superior.
We had a beachfront room, which was amazing because we could open our door and walk 100 feet onto the beach. The rooms were ok, and certainly could use some updating. As everyone has mentioned, you typically don't spend a lot of time in the room so we didn't really mind.
The food was mediocre. We had a horrible dinner at Paparazzi, but the dinner at Ginger was more an improvement. The pizzas at the beach bars were decent as well. If you are there, spend the money and dine at Windows on Aruba at the Golf Resort. Extraordinary food and a great view of a sunset!
The absolute best part of staying at Divi was the beach. We had decided to travel up north near all the high rise hotels during the day, and the beaches were absolutely packed! Tons of boats and tons of people surrounded the beaches. At Divi, we had the luxury of waking up at 7:30 and still being able to find a palapa to use for the day. I have stayed at resorts where you have to wake up at 5am to stake out a beach chair. Although there were people on the beach, Divi's was nowhere near as crowded and the water was much more relaxed and clearer.
If I were to return to Aruba, there appears to be more action up north but the beaches at Divi are nowhere near comparable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad