My wife and I spent 2 weeks at the Divi with 5 other couples to celebrate one of our friend's 60th birthday. We had a great time and the resort certainly catered well for a larger group.
The resort is quite old but that means it is low rise. It is right on Druif beach, the first decent beach outside Oranjestad and our rooms were 10 yards from the fine white sand. We had 6 ground floor rooms in a row at the Oranjestad end of the resort. The rooms are a little tired and the recent refurbishment to the bathrooms will not be to everyone's liking as they have effectively become wet rooms. The water pressure and temperature could be better, too.
The beach and water were superb and we had them virtually to ourselves. We swam many times everyday in the beautiful clear, blue water which we shared with fish and seabirds. It was wonderful watching pelicans dive bombing fish just yards away from where we swam. The colourful sunsets were amazing most evenings.
We were quite far away from the resort centre but there was a resort beach bar just 200 yards away and this became a second home, not just because we were on all-inclusive, but because they showed all of the Euro 2012 games live. Given the time difference the games kicked off around lunch time or early afternoon. Great to watch England win at any time, but especially with a cold beer in your hand looking out over the blue, blue sea in a blissfully warm 30C.
The food was good and plentiful. The speciality dining in the evening was usually a cut above the buffet style main restaurant. However, they do appear to repeat the menus and the entertainment on a weekly cycle so our second week was a bit repetitive. There are several bars and restaurants across the resort which stretches for about a mile. The inclusive wine, beer and spirits were good quality and you can pay extra in the speciality restaurants if you want a better wine.
As we were at one end of the resort we made good use of the resort shuttle service but service was a bit hit and miss at times.
We had an added bonus of waking one morning to find a turtle had come ashore to lay its eggs just yards from our room. These nests are protected by local volunteers and if you are lucky to be there when they hatch, you can watch them emerge from the sand and struggle into the sea from your patio!
Overall for the price we paid, this holiday would be hard to beat for a group of friends looking to enjoy the sun, sea and sand without spending a fortune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, BookIt.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Oranjestad