“Great Arubian Food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I rarely rate anything 5 of 5 as there should always be room for improvement. So 4 of 5 is really good in my books.

While the parking was a little hard to find it was well worth it to eat at The Old Fisherman. I shared the combo platter with my wife and even though this item was supposed to be for one person, we both couldnt finish it and trust me we are not light eaters. The rest of my family got their favorite dishes and everyone enjoyed everything. We will definitly come back here when we return to Aruba.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Service and food was very good and well worth the visit. Great place for a relaxes and enjoyable dinner especiallt with family and friends

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Good memories of this place in our Aruba visit, we tried the Mero fish plate and the fisherman plate and it was so good. We really have a nice experience in this place.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We've been coming to Aruba for 20 years and go to The Old Fisherman at least once per trip because my husband loves their Seafood Soup. Call me a little late to the party, or maybe I was a little more astute on my last visit, but I noticed our menu had US $ prices only. Since many, many locals patronize this restaurant, I figured they must also have a Manu with Florin prices only. I'm thinking in my head, 'why go to the expense of printing two menus when the other restaurants have both florin and dollar prices posted on the same menu'?

Just then, a server brings a handful of RED bound menus out to the next table. As she's chatting, I can read the back page of the menu items, comparing it to our own and converting the currency quickly in my head. The US menu was indeed higher for the same items.

Later, back at our timeshare, I did some quick online checking and this experience has been noted by others as well.

We feel taken advantage if and won't go back.

7  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed September 8, 2013

On a friend's recommendation, we checked this place out for lunch one day. It's located downtown, a hundred feet or so adjacent to the bus station. First, they offer a breakfast and dinner menu, but no lunch menu. This was fine, but made lunch a bit pricey. $50-$60 ish IIRC.

The service was good, and the atmosphere was about average for aruba. Nothing fancy.

The restaurant features locally caught, fresh fish, prepared with aruba recipes. I had a platter, featuring a few different things, inclusive of fried shrimp, fish cakes, mahi, etc.. .In addition to that, you also get a second plate of rice, bread, fries, and plantain. a LOT of food. Especially for lunch. The food was great. Tasted different than the normal stuff you have in an international restaurant... So i assume that's the aruban flare! My wife got the cesar salad with chicken, and the chicken was done AMAZINGLY. So well seasoned.

So, we give it two thumbs up. Decently priced for dinner, but a bit steep for lunch. We'd go back either way! Food was great!