“Decent Seafoods, but ....”
Review of The Old Fisherman

The Old Fisherman
Ranked #42 of 238 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and myself had a dinner at this restaurant while we were in Aruba. Taste were not the bad, but my wife got sick at the night she had dinner at this restaurant. She ate some kinds of shelfish at this restaurant. She always eat seafood whever she travel, and she never had any troubles with any type of seafoods in her life by this time.

ここの貝を食べた嫁がその日の夜に食あたりで大変な思いをさせられました。料理自体は不味くなかったんですが、貝は注意が必要だと思います。

2  Thank Wild_Jay_X

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The dinner was very good. Fresh catch of the day and the Caribbean Lobster were awesome. Will definitely go back when we return to Aruba.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Loved their octopus ceviche and mixed seafood sautéed, but particularly like Charlie Brouns - deep fried fish eggs with garlic sauce and rice!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for our 5 year anniversary and it was breathtakingly beautiful. Unlike anything we have seen - we were able to literally eat on the shore so the water is actually touching your feet. If you want to get those seats, then you should definitely be there by 5PM, otherwise they fill up quick. It takes the on the beach dining to a whole new level. The suns was spectacular. It is definitely a day I will always remember.

The food menu was quite extensive and everything was delicious! We had the raw oysters, shrimp roti, and the seafood platter for 2. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

grouper and mahi. My wife didn't until I pointed it out. The fish was overcooked and swimming in sauce. That was okay for my butter sauce, but she didn't like the garlicky mayo sauce on hers. Personally, I think it was a saving grace. Hers was very strong tasting. Not old, but not fresh either. Somewhere in that twilight before you start doubting whether you should serve it to your guests or just eat it yourself. Both were also overdone.

Sides were great, if unmemorable. Water was kept full and service was attentive. Still, there must be better out there.

1  Thank Karl L