“Best food in Aruba”
Review of Taste My Aruba

Taste My Aruba
Ranked #3 of 267 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Description: We are a small Aruban eatery serving food made with mainly local ingredients and produce. Our fish is caught locally our meat & poultry is organic. Yes we are also authentic Arubans which is rare these days. Our concept is farm to table, hence of menu changes most often. Unpretentious at its best. We are small so reservations for dinner is recommended
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife found this place based on TripAdvisor and All I can Say is WOW! We stayed in the High Rise Hotel section with a lot of restaurant options. We went to three different ones there and one in downtown which is not even worth mentioning in the same breath compare to Taste MY Aruba (TMA). Nathaly the chef and owner is such a lovely woman. Her cooking and conversation are top shelf. We let her choose our dinner menu and she did NOT disappoint. We began with wahoo (local fish) ceviche, black fin tuna Tatar, and funchi with Dutch cheese. We tried wahoo ceviche in two other restaurants and they were no competition to TMA’s! The difference is this is fresh as compared to frozen at the other restaurants even though they advertise it as catch of the day. We then had hammerjack (local fish), mahi mahi, and grouper (all three shown to us precooked to verifies freshness!) plated beautifully with salads and pico de Gallo. All three were delicious! It came with a side bowl of yuca fries, plantains and jasmine rice! It was decadent! The dessert was made by a local octogenarian and is an Arubian favorite, cashew cake. O MY! Everything was just breathtaking!
Thank you Nathaly!!! Finally, a shoutout to Darwin, our waiter who was attentive to our every need.

1  Thank bymkong

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a very special night at this place. First of all the owner is lovely! She repeatedly told us, that she would only use fresh ingredients for her food. She even showed us the raw fish before cooking as proof that she doesn't use any frozen stuff. And we could taste that. Our meals were amazing!! As there is no menu we were a bit afraid of experiencing a bad surprise with the check. But no, the prices were very fair. For us it was not only a nice dinner, it was also a great experience as the owner could told us interesting stories about the island. I can definitely recommend this place and am looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank tanjat120
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, if you are looking for the restaurant look for Yemanja. Walk down to their back entrance and on the right, you will find Taste of Aruba. Ok, you will be greeted by the owner and chef Nathaly. She gives you the menu verbally which is the catch of the day. Everything is fresh and nothing deep fried. The intimacy of the restaurant enables diners at other tables to interact and chat with the chef. We will be back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience in that restaurant was very good, the food is delicious, the place is cozy and the service is Amazing. Thanks Nathaly for your attentions. I highly recommend the Tuna tartare, is the best I have eaten.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tucked in away in a corner behind government buildings is an island gem called Taste My Aruba and you really do get that personal experience of tasting the history and culture of the island

The menu changes daily as all items are locally sourced and then prepped accordingly. Needless to say the menu is predominantly seafood and everything is super fresh.

Nathalie, the owner and chef, will entertain you with stories about the island, a history lesson on the culture and ask about your own stories - it feels as though you are having dinner in her backyard.

Derwin our server was super attentive and polite.

Taste My Aruba is all about experiencing the culture of Aruba through the food and how food can be a gateway to learn more about the people and a place.

Don’t skip this gem of restaurant on your trip to Aruba as it will with an experience you will remember.

1  Thank Ed_Nimrod