The bad news is that the construction was just very inconvenient to the guests and upper management should have closed the wing under construction. People go on vacation to have some R&R and with the hand drilling going on, it felt like they were drilling into my brain and had to shout so that my hubby could hear me. The renovated rooms were so retro and cool but they must have forgotten some minor but important touches - the bathroom didn't have a shower curtain, the bedroom have a glass door overlooking the living room which took off the privacy, and the cabinets didn't have any handles that it kept cutting and bruising our fingertips and knuckles. As much as we would have loved to stay in our newly renovated room, we had to move because of all the hand drilling going on between 10 am - 6 pm. Hammering here and there was reasonable but hand drilling???
The good news is that when we complained about it, Esmeralda and her staff immediately tried to resolve our issues and we were given the choice to move to a couple of rooms. On top of it all, Esmeralda was so in tuned with our venting that when we checked and transferred to the new room, there was a pleasant surprise waiting for us. Kudos to Esmeralda and all the staff! What a wonderful place to be. I can't wait to go back and maybe by that time, all renovations are completed.
Don't forget to visit the Flamingo Island and the Iguana Island; however, a mosquito repellant is a MUST HAVE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Aruba, it's right outside your door. Our location is Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite product. Both with exclusive access to a special discovery hiding just of shores. Renaissance Island, Aruba's only private beaches, a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad