Just back from a week at the Renaissance Marina Hotel. This was our first trip to Aruba. The hotel is great especially for adults. Check in was quick. We stayed All Inclusive and glad we did. They give you an check everytime you order a drink or order food. You can run a tabl. Glad we chose this route, I added up all the checks when we got home and for a week of eating and drinking and I might add not too much to drink because we both came down with head colds (probably picked up on the flight down) the cost for the two of us was $1850.00 total. All inclusive is the way to go. The Room was a decent size looked like it had been renovated it was all modern decor. The bed was really comfortable although we didn't sleep well. The linens are really nice too. We had to let our shower run about 10 minutes before it got hot. There are no doors on the shower and water goes every where. Not sure what this is all about.
The Food: Really good food nothing to complain about here. If you like seafood the Aquarius is the place to eat. The water is excellent we have never tasted better water and it's so safe to drink better than bottled water. Always double check your check because somethings they added things to it that you didn't have. Always corrected it out. We didn't enjoy our meal at The LG Steakhouse kinda thought it was over rated. We only ate there once. They have two menus one for All Inclusive and another for paying guests we found out later.
Staff: The staff are super friendly they are like family especially the people at the Blue Bar and expecially Elizabeth. Staff were not as friendly on the island as at the hotel.
Location: We found the location excellent you were in walking distance to all the shopping and restaurants and the shuttle boat that took you to the private island was perfect. The island was nice and quiet even on the family side. Not many kids there must be the time of the year. We enjoyed that the cruise ships were so close you could watch them leave almost every day. Lots of people around when the ships were in. The iguana's are hugh on the island and they have some there that area teal color. They are everywhere there.
We rented a taxi driver for $45 an hour to take us around the island. We were gone just over two hours and we could see and do things on our time as opposed to sitting on a bus for five hours and doing things that you didn't like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad