Renaissance Aruba Resort (Marriott) is a very nice,modern and recently renovated hotel with extremely comfortable rooms ( our king size bed was amazing..).
Hotel's position was fine (few min by car from the airport),it is situated in the harbour of Oranjestad (Aruba's capital...quite silent and deserted place..a bit spooky I would say) and there are some fine restaurants,malls and clubs in its neighborhood.
Though there is not the beach in front of the hotel, it has a direct boat connection (every 15 mins) to its private island with two beautiful beaches:family one and adult only one.
The only downside of the private island is its proximity to the airport (it is actually at the back of the island) and therefore you can hear and see the planes taking off and landing every few minutes.
The hotel has its own mall,casino and many different restaurants ( we have tried the Octopus dinner buffet...yummy...),Starbucks and you can have some nice cocktails at the lobby bar near the pool.
All in all..extremely positive experience,would definitely reccomend this Marriott Resort to anyone who plans to visit Aruba.
P.S.There is one more Marriott Hotel on Aruba (Marriott Aruba Resort&Stellaris Casino)..mind what you are going to refer to your taxi driver because you might be charged more (25$ instead of 18$) for your ride because the other one is much farther from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad