Just returned back from the Renaissance Resort Marina! Phew! What a great trip!
I really have nothing bad to say about this resort. The people in this resort are helpful and always nice. The island itself is beautiful and people are friendly. There is no bad spot to avoid.
The rooms are clean and taken care of. The bath itself could use an update but not a major issue. There was zero issues with the room we stayed in and we were on the 4th floor.
The food was great. We tried all the resturants that the AI offers but found that LG Smiths was the one we frequented the most. I compare it to the "Keg" offering steak plus many other choices.
The only thing you have to get used to if your All Inclusive is they give you the bill to sign each time for everything. 15% tip is already added to anything you get. It took me a day to get used to doing that.
If your looking for " night life" or a crazy party atmosphere, this is not the place. It is laid back with music playing at the main bar for the night. It was normally not crowded and could get a seat right at the bar.
The Renaissance has its own private island, and the boat picks you right up in the lobby of the Marina side. There are 2 sides to the private island, adult and family. We were told that the family side is much better and it has the beach grill/bar there as well. We spent our entire time on the family side ( we have no kids) and werent bothered with kids running around screaming etc. It was normally not busy at all, and lots of chairs to go around.
Word of caution for european travellers. It is not highly advisable to sunbathe topless on the family side. Thats what the adult side is for.
Overall it was a great trip, and the weather was mainly sunny with overcast skies. It did rain once but lasted about 30 minutes and was sunny again. I would definately recommend this resort and will most likely see me return again.
Some of the people that make this place more enjoyable than it is are ; Merly and Sugar ( sorry cant spell your name right) at the Blue bar in the main bar. And Geordino and Joselyn at LG Smiths. Go see them, they are fantastic people.
On another note, while people are packing their shorts, sunscreen, ipods and such one thing people forget to bring with them lately is Manners. Please, Thank you, Excuse me .. the list goes on but is forgotten. Remember we are ALL on vacation, not just you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Aruba, it's right outside your door. Our location is Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite product. Both with exclusive access to a special discovery hiding just of shores. Renaissance Island, Aruba's only private beaches, a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad