Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$172
$112
$189
$175
$91
$74
$365
$350
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
Andicuri Inn(Oranjestad)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Costa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
MVC Eagle Beach(Palm - Eagle Beach)
5,331 results
All reviewsprivate islandmarina sideblue barboat ridewater taxipink flamingosfamily beachadult beachlg steakhouseocean suiteseafood buffetdutch pancake househappy hourque pasamovie theaterpalm beachsole
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My first impression of the resort was good, I had an ocean suite it was super clean and nice looking, the check in was very easy, the room was clean and very nice. After a long day of traveling around to get there with a two years old kid I was exhausted and hungry so I went down ( I had an all inclusive so drinks an food were included) to look for dinner and one of the guys I asked to orient me didn't know a thin, I soon started to feel frustrated and robed because no one approached me to help. I went to the front desk and they gave me a map that seriously I draw better maps, it took me nowhere. So the best thing to do is go and explore yourself it is a very safe place, and ask the free shuttle drivers they know better. It is a good place to relax, I call it stress free zone, no one is worried or stressed actually they are too relaxed specially the employees. Once you get over the issues the best things to do here is eat at the LG Smith, grate food and service specially from a waitress called Washington,and after 11 pm this restaurant has a couple of musicians that will let you sing if you want and a nice bar service, take the boat to go to the private island, seat at the beach, order food and enjoy it wherever you want, Blue open bar has grate chicken wings, and Acuario restaurant has a grate breakfast and dinner buffet and I have to mention some of the staff that was so kind with me Juanita, Jose, Bety, Peter and a couple others that I cant recall their names. Walk at night around the marina. The resort has a grate location because you can do all your souvenir shopping at few steps from the resort. If you like to party, or noisy places, or to enjoy shows don't go here, if you have lots of accumulated stress this is the ideal place. But get ready for the return at the airport it is a nightmare, lines and lines carrying your luggage with you. I personally spent 3 hours in line and I was traveling from Aruba to Miami.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank barbarasocarras
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending my 40th birthday in Aruba. My BF and I spent 6 nights at the Renaissance Ocean Suites. Overall, I was satifsfied with the accomodations. I think that my expectations had been lowered after reading some of these reviews. The room was quite spacious for the two of us, and very clean. I thought the bed was quite comfortable, and I slept 8-10 hours each night. (Highly unusual for me!) I liked having the mini fridge for juice, sodas, and beer. We bought rum at the supermarket and mixed a lot of our own drinks. My only complaints about the room are that the furniture in the living area was quite dirty. I didn't even sit on the couch or the side chair. I must admit that I am a bit of a germophobe, so I was probably overacting! Also, the bathtub drain was clogged the entire time. Maintenance supposedly came to fix it, but we were still ankle deep in water by the time we finished showering. We were on the first floor in room 2132, which was close to the lobby. That made is really easy to get to the free wi-fi area to check emails and Facebook on my tablet.

We did the private island only one day. Bought a bucket of Balashis and hung out on the family side. Fortunately, there were not many kids around that day. I loved the island, and the water looked and felt great. Many people advised me before not to be worried about bugs. I accidentally left my Bug Guard in the room, and that was a huge mistake. BF and I got eaten alive. I thought that we would be safe considering how windy it was. We hung out by the pool area more often. I had some wonderful Aruba Aribas made by Nelson and Julio. There were a couple of female bartenders that were not very friendly, and their drinks were not very good either. Grace was my waitress on my birthday. She was sooooo sweet. After I told her about my bday, she brought me some flowers. It almost made me cry. I put them in a glass of water in the room. The next day, our housekeeper added some greenery to them and created an arrangement. Sometimes, it's the little things that mean so much!

Check in and out were not a problem, although the front desk staff members that I encountered were not very friendly. Beware of the 75 cents local calls and the $10.95 government timeshare tax that are added to your bill. They sure added up. Overall, I was pleased with the Renaissance. Would I stay there the next time I'm in Aruba...Probably not. I took a look at the Riu and fell in love! That's where I'll probably stay next time. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank momartin08
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day (too short) stay at the Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino. I had a terrific time. All of the staff was outstanding, helpful and friendly. In particular, the bartender Rafael makes a perfect Mojito and is always ready with a helpful suggestion on local eats and attractions. I didn't want to leave! I'll be back.

Room Tip: We had diving gear, so requested a room on the 3rd floor which had extra balcony space.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance Aruba Resort, adult only building with all-inclusive option in January 2013 for 1 week. The hotel and facilities were very good. The downtown location is not typical of a resort environment but it provided lots of activity and people watching. The boat shuttle to the private island went frequently and the trip was short. Food was good in all the restaurants.

We were surprised by the many North American chain stores, including Starbucks!

The public transit bus terminal was only 2 blocks away. Easy to travel north to the low rise and high rise hotel districts. The beach up there was fantastic. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are available to rent for the day.

The Aruban people are very friendly. They don't call it 'One Happy Island" for nothing!

We visited the Butterfly farm. It was fascinating. Don't miss it.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrival Nov 10-17, 2012
We are a family of 3 people (2 adults, 9yr old boy). Flight and check in was easy - we went with the all-inclusive option.

ROOMS:
We stayed at the Ocean Suites - had a great family room with pull out sofa bed and separate bedroom with ensuite. The room was great - nothing fancy. Had a closet, dresser, desk, 2 flat screen tvs, in room safe, mini fridge. We had a small balcony with table & chairs. We had no issues with hot water/pressure or a/c at all. Room was well cleaned every day.

RESTUARANTS & BARS:
We had the all-inclusive option and found the food at all the resorts available restaurants to be FANTASTIC. The charge card system for the all-inclusives is a bit worriesome and a hassle for quick ordering since you had to sign a slip for every single drink (meant we ordered alot of multiples!).

BEACH/POOLS/GROUNDS:
The main pool is small but more than adequate with a swim up bar. There is also a small "beach area". We never had problems getting beach chairs.

We went to the private island which was a nice short boat ride -- there was great snorkelling there and lots of iguanas.

This resort is very small and was very well kept.

ACTIVITIES ON & OFF RESORT/HOTEL:
We rented a car for less than $40 and toured the island geocaching by ourselves - great fun! We also took a full day island tour with ABC Tours for the off roading places our rental car dare not go -- highly recommend them!

Other Comments:
We brought our laptop with us and had no issues with internet – we purchased a week of service. We used a magic jack for phone service without any trouble.

We loved the small hotel atmostphere, local shops and safety of Aruba - would we go back?? YES absolutely!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family